long range tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tjm warned me too that the tank does sit lower when I enquired about one for the D40, ARB assure me that the 'Long Range Automotive' 150 litre does not hang down any furhter than standard, but I am concerned......

I was told by Newcastle TJM and the Newcastle ARB that there tanks come from the same joint.

Dunno not that it matters.

Dave.

Newcastle ARB is another branch for Out Of Town 4wd build there own tanks called the long ranger and TJM is from another company.TJM newcastle built most of my truck

I got a fantastic email back from Long Range Automotive showing pics of the tank fitted and not fitted and lots of good info. Great service LRA :no:

I wonder how much it weighs full of diesel? I reckon the ute would sag in the arse if you had standard springs.

Hi

I have a long ranger 125ltr TR44 fitted to my d22.In the fitting instructions it tells you that the tank sits approx 35mm lower at the front and 65mm lower at the back.I have done some bush bashing sorry bush driving and have not had any troubles hitting anything.My navara is still the stanard height.

Shane

I have mounted a tank in the tray and pump from this into the original tank. A 5mm aluminiumplate protects the original plastic tank. IMO this is a better set up than having one large tank.

Has any one seen the 4wd systems tanks yet, I wonder how low they hang down, they do a 160L for the D21 for just over $900, worth looking into?

PM Tanz, he is running a 4wd system's tank in his D22.

Tanz if you read this post a pic.

Dave.

Has any one seen the 4wd systems tanks yet, I wonder how low they hang down, they do a 160L for the D21 for just over $900, worth looking into?

Yeah, installed a 145L on my D22 STR. Did hang down around 50mm below the chassis rails :( Because ive got a 2" body lift, Mod'ed the mounting locations, and raised it up 2", now sits flat with the chassis rails :)

i just went out and checked, agree with tommy222220_0 it hangs down around 50mm below the chassis rail. I went looking for the camera, but it looks like I left it at the workshop!:frown:

Back