Lovell Suspension Lift Kit 2"

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JVOC

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just joined the site today and am also about to have a Lovell Suspension Lift Kit installed this coming Wednesday on my 2010 Navara D40 STX King Cab. I am super excited as I will also be tasting 4x4 action for the first time as well (have been out with mates before buy have never had a vehicle to go out with in the past).

My dilema ... I am confused as to what tyres would go best on my NAV ... I work on builders sites during the day so I am definitely wanting to buy All Terrains - just tossing up between the BF Goodrich All Terrains & MT All Terrains.

I have also been advised I will have a loss of Power now in my NAV as I am wanting to purchase at least 275 or 285 tyres if they'll fit with my new lift.

Anyone have suggestions on what Exhaust upgrades or chips they have used to compensate performance ... I look forward to your advice / tips.

Hi Welcome to the forum

I run the 265/70/R17 on my truck. 265.75/R16 are roughly the same size and are also legal.They are as large as I legally can run in the ACT. Other states run with the same regs so might be best to check on your states rules before you decide on what tyres to get. Another thing to take into consideration is what wheels your running.Larger tyres may need wider rims.

The best bet is to buy a set of wheels and you can squeeze 285/75 16s on there keep ya stockies if the big fellas decide to get picky or if you need insurance claim you can swap back over..

the best budget exhaust is geting the muffler removed it makes no difference to the noise level but makes it smoother to shift gears. I got mine done for $60 bucks. Good till I can afford a real one.

either way look through the forums too see other mods guys are doing and the feedback on the outcomes.

Beware if you get heavy duty fronts they are very very firm. I have a steel bar and they are still far too stiff.

If your not worried about excessive noise, then go the muddies. Once they have worn done to 50% you've got a set of all terrains.

Beware if you get heavy duty fronts they are very very firm. I have a steel bar and they are still far too stiff.

I'll second that - mine didn't move at all with heavy duty fronts, and thats with a steel bar and winch. Had to get them changed to 'normal' duty - and they're great now.

You might find that you need some ball joint spacers too - to reduce the chance of control arm smack - Ultimate Suspension will sort you out....

Latest posts

Back