33's 2009 D40 STX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostinlux

Reaction score
whats the thought from people, looking at putting a set of 285/70/17 wheels onto my nav.. pro n cons ?? not going to be for daily driving, i will have two sets, dailys r 265/70/16

Welcome Boostinlux

There are heaps and heaps of great info on this forum, including numerous and I mean numerous threads covering tyre sizes on D40s.

I recommend you search the forum read up and then ask away if you need any further clarification. But I know your question is well covered in this forum!

:cheers!:

Bosshog

That's a big tyre. It's going to smack the inner guard and front mudflap as you turn the wheels.

It's 9% larger than standard (2610.4mm circumference compared to 2398.29mm). Your odometer will be out 9km for every 100km traveled but your speedo needle should almost reflect speed accurately.

Your fuel economy will suffer, too. Expect 1-2LPHK more consumption at least.

well the plan to fix the scrubbing issue would be a suspension lift and then also a 2 inch body lift.. ???

That's the answer, for sure. The body lift may be important, because the wheel is so large that it may scrub on full lock and full compression - for example, if you're climbing over an obstacle on a 4WD course.

yeah mate I'm runin 285's first had 2" suspension lift rubbed a little on full lock, did 2" body lift n all good now. Runin 16x8 with pos 20 offset.

so the tyre whop rang me up today, and so far all he can find me in steel 17x8 inch rims has a -13 offset, so going to go in tomorrow to check it out :)

Dynamic in Melbourne make a 16x8 with a zero offset. 305/70s and 285/75 can then be fitted. Just need some flares to keep the tyres within the guards.

yeah ill have a look, this bloke is convinced they rims will be good with only a little over hang, ill take a pic tomorrow

Im running 285/75 AT's Bridgestone duelers, 2" lift + spacer. They rub a little on splash trays, but drive and hadle great, now with exhaust, EGR mod etc getting 11L's/100k. I would bother with 2 sets of wheels.... AT's are so much better than my old Goodyear Muddies....

Im running 285/75 AT's Bridgestone duelers, 2" lift + spacer. They rub a little on splash trays, but drive and hadle great, now with exhaust, EGR mod etc getting 11L's/100k. I would bother with 2 sets of wheels.... AT's are so much better than my old Goodyear Muddies....

Wanderer - do you have UCA contact with those spacers and the lift? Have you installed aftermarket UCAs or extended ball joints to minimise this? And how thick are the spacers you've fitted? Done anything on the back other than the 2inch lift (extended shackles or blocks etc) Thanks mate....

hi i have 285s on my 06 rx and im have 45mm lift with a 35mm spacer lift and a 40mm body lift and also running total chaos upper a arms. no rubbing and the tyres are dunlop maxtrax on american racing pythons 16x8 go's well in the bush uses about 11-12 litres per hundred.

285/75 16" or 17"? I've got some 285/75x16's on the Hilux I'm hoping to put on the 2010 D40.

285/75 R16 !

Standard UCA - they just touch.

I have old man emu suspension in the rear from ARB, so i know there are new shocks, didnt look at the time at anything else, but the back sat 2" higher than there rear even after the lift all round, so I put in the 35mm Snake Racing spacers which supposed to give a 50mm lift.

285/75 R16 !

Standard UCA - they just touch.

I have old man emu suspension in the rear from ARB, so i know there are new shocks, didnt look at the time at anything else, but the back sat 2" higher than there rear even after the lift all round, so I put in the 35mm Snake Racing spacers which supposed to give a 50mm lift.

hey wanderer is it possible for you to post a pick of your nav? I wanna see what it looks like cause I am keen on this setup.
cheers

yeah mate I'm runin 285's first had 2" suspension lift rubbed a little on full lock, did 2" body lift n all good now. Runin 16x8 with pos 20 offset.

Hey mate,

Do your tires stick outside the guards with the 16x8 pos 20 rims?

Latest posts

Back