fitted the lift kit to my D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter70

Reaction score
i fitted a 2" (more like 40mm) lift kit today to my D40. Brand used was Old Man Emu and i must say it was immeadiately noted how much better the ride is now from just a short distance. Although it is firmer it seems easier to drive and less saggy especially in the cornering.
Next come s the winch and bar and possibly the side bar and steps.

26102008160pf2.jpg

26102008159dx2.jpg

26102008158zo3.jpg

I can at least fit some more rubber on now

Good work mate.

Your truck is making those tyres look mighty small now :5:

What size and type of tyres are you thinking of Peter?

Looks good Peter. Do you mind if I ask how much you paid?

I was at a local 4wd shop last week and the guy was raving over how much better the ride was with the OME shocks. He said I'd notice a huge improvement with highway driving, cornering and also offroad performance. He said a rough cost would be approx $2000 installed.

Would you agree with these comments? I'm just trying to justify the $$s to get it done myself :)

The kit was around $1350 as i know someone who works at ARB, Was quoted around $1750 fitted(but i fitted it myself). As far as being worth it, well its like having a new car, gone is the sloppiness, yes its firmer but its 100% better on the road and can be noticed through cornering and even braking.
As for tyres i believe i can get a 32 under it now, yes its amazing how small the wheels look now. I'm going to go a black steel rim when i get the new tyres.
Anyhow looks like that between boating and 4wd i'll never have any money in the bank.

Well after towing my 2.5 tonne boat for just over 1200k's this week i would say to anyone who uses thier ute for towing fit a suspension kit!!!. I couldnt believe how much easier it was to drive with such a load and probably more so how bad it had been prior to fitting it.

Back