Modified Bar ...what do you think?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
have all the bullbar apart to polish and thought of this
what you think ?

Rebuild002.jpg

Rebuild001.jpg

Rebuild003.jpg

I think you have the right idea, but something looks wrong there. Can't put my finger on it

not really tp my liking but im not that much of a fan of chrome anything

I hope you don't have sunshine in Canberra or you'll need to provide all other motorists with sunglasses.

Hardy Har har
we get heaps of sunshine here.
Its only a factory bar
I keep it shiny to reflect back glare from cars fitted with HID lol

I am actually contemplating having it powder coated to cut down on maintenance.I have been rubbing back and polishing the bar for days now and its slowly but surely coming smooth but damm its got a lot of stone chips and pits .it feels like heavy grit sand paper

I would take it to Sims metal, or join MGOC........:sarcastic::sarcastic:

Na just kidding. Maybe get the alloy sprayed in 2pac clear so you don't ever have to polish it again.

I am going to put 3M paint Protection adhesive plastic on the bar once I get it looking decent.It appears the damage is only on the main bar and I havent looked but dont think the upper bar work is too bad .I still have a few weeks yet till I have to put it back on so I will just keep going. The more you polish alloy the brighter it gets .
Fingers crossed the truck will be going into the paint shop in the next 10 days so I will get better access in the shed to work .

Its actually just the base model grill. I normally have billet inserts but have them out to pilish .
Am going to get it painted body colour when the trucks painted.

I can always get the bar powder coated at anytime. I was thinking about painting it body colour but stone chips will destroy it pretty quick unfortunately

I think you need to put a single hoop on top of it, like a nudge bar, otherwise it looks like a bit like one of those bulldogs with the bottom jaw sticking out.

Im with you on the Black grill ...BUT... it does need the badge in it. no chrome infills.
I plan on finding one and getting it color coded myself in the near future not a fan of chrome.

Back to the question.. the Bar I think if you have the coin, buy one of those ARB bumper type bars without the hoops or uprights, get that color coded at the same time as the grill.

I duno who designed those Origional bars but thery must be as crazy as the people that approved them..... Proberbly the same people that designed the D40 LSD and wheel stud spacing.:sarcastic:

Then If you like black as much as I do you can get black infilledy type headlights off ebay.

yup I may have a slight OCD towards black. but im not an addict untill im in denial.:big_smile:

Back