2007-2008 st-x???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90TTZ

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm looking at purchasing an ST-X Diesel. Couple of things I want to know is the advantages or disadvantages between the auto and manual. I've read about the dual mass clutch issues but nothing about the auto. Is the fuel consumption much different between the two?

I'm going to be doing mainly highway driving and the odd stint of towing but nothing heavy. While I don't mind a manual, I'm going to be doing some city driving as well and in my older age I'm starting to get a bit lazy.

Also I'm looking at the 2007-2008 range as my price range is around the $30K. Anyone know if Nissan changed anything substantial in these years or if there was an inherent problem in this range to steer clear of?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Karl :smile:

If you're towing, spending time in the city and aging then go the auto you'll thank yourself later in life. I don't think there is many disadvantages with the auto and the few disadvantages people mention with the manual having a weak clutch may well be rectified in a second hand car of that age.

If it;s got a bar or you want to get one over 55kg make sure the recall has been done. Nissan will be able to help you if it hasn't but otherwise I don;t think there are many drivers of that vintage here complaining.

If you're towing, spending time in the city and aging then go the auto you'll thank yourself later in life. I don't think there is many disadvantages with the auto and the few disadvantages people mention with the manual having a weak clutch may well be rectified in a second hand car of that age.

If it;s got a bar or you want to get one over 55kg make sure the recall has been done. Nissan will be able to help you if it hasn't but otherwise I don;t think there are many drivers of that vintage here complaining.

Ha ha, I know I said I am aging (arn't we all) but I'm not old.

So this recall, is this when you want to install a bull bar?

Most of my driving is highway but done a few trips through Sydney and the left leg cops a work out.

Speaking of which, I gotta order me another clutch pedal rubber. Thats the third now I think.

Realistically it doesn't matter how old you think you are auto's are good for touring and towing. Having spent many years driving trucks from 6 speed up to 18 speed the last thing I've wanted when it comes to driving for pleasure is the effort of changing more gears, I've done enough of that in my life to warrant an auto in my ailing years. But everyone is different.

The recall needs to be done on models from 06 to 09 (I think) and it's done on all vehicle with more than 55kg on the front, which is pretty much anything but a nudge bar. Any Nav that has had it done should have a sticker on it, check the door pillars, the radiator area and the service book. Any Nav that didn't have a bar at the time of checking should have a sticker warning that it is required if a bar is added. Any Nissan dealer should be able to tell you if the recall has been done with a VIN.

Auto - might need a cooler for heavy towing, I know hilux need them upgraded.

2008 has blinkers on the rear views, I dont think the 2007 did. my fly wheel has let go, but i do all city driving, manual is fine, turning circle sucks.

We have an auot in the company he got 550k per tank when new and I got 680K's.

2008 has blinkers on the rear views

Never really noticed just how much difference those indicators in the mirror make to other road users until the other day when I was helping a mate move a bus. A wing or mirror indicator is so much easier to see than anything in the headlight surround or bumper and with the bus I was driving having a shit of a blind spot on some roundabouts because of the window pillars (both sides) the wing indicators just appeared so much safer and logical. I'm a bit suprised they aren't mandatory given some of the other stupid things that are mandatory these days.

Get an auto - but not from between 2007-early 2010 (series 3) they have a diesel particulate filter fitted and they are a nightmare! Get an earlier model or a late 2010 when the DPF was either not fitted (series 1 and 2) or removed (series 4).

Otherwise put up with changing gears and get a manual series 3.

Back