Scangauge Trip Computer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

govo

Reaction score
Hey guys

I want to track mainly fuel usage in my V6 petrol Nav, is scanguage the best unit or are there others out there to consider, I have seen the scangauge mentioned on these boards, just wondering is it worth looking at others or just get the scangauge. Thanks Mark

govo,

there is a fair bit of disuccsion on Scanngauge ... use the search function and read through the other threads.

SCII works well on the 2.5td motors, but i cant remember what was said about the petrol ones.

Have a look through the SG website to see if its suitable with your vehicle combo/year model.
Pretty sure they wont work on pre '08 ???? navs or they are very limited in function for earlier navs.

:cheers!:

Any ECU reader used for economy is only going to be as accurate as the user who sets it up. There is heaps of them out there and they do many and varied things, to me if you only want it to track fuel usage then your better off hunting the web for a cheap ODBII complaint reader. If you want the extra features an SG offers then yes it is well worth the dollars and is as accurate as any other tool.

I have Scangauge II ver1.0 in the truck at the moment and hasnt given me a moments trouble in 4 years and bought a Scangauge II ver 3.1 today actually so I get the XGauge functions but cant recommend them highly enough. '
There are a few different units that do similar things but as far as value etc they cant beat Scanaguge I reckon

I have the scanguage II in my D40 V6 Petrol fitted with 155L long range tank. It was easy to set up and it is to the litre accurate on fuel consumption - brilliant. I can see exactly how many litres left in the tank and how many used, when I fill up the litres pumped are within 1 L of the indicated figure. TheLow Fuel warning light goes on with 250km range to go (due to the LR tank) so the scanguage is a real help.
I also monitor average fuel consumption per tank, engine temp, and volts.

I ended up installing a seperate VDO guage to monitor Auto Transmission temp. Even though the Nav has 2 sensors for AT Temp they do not talk to the Scnaguage - that would be my only crit of the unit.

You'll have to check the website as I don't recall when Nissan introduced fully OBDII compatibility.

Back