Stiff suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommo77

Reaction score
Since installing my 2 inch lift a while ago the front suspension has been really stiff, when going down over normal speed bumps the suspension forces itself down back on the road which creates an even bigger bump then the speed bump produces, i have dobinson suspension all the way around.

Im guessing this is probably normal but it is very uncomfortable even on road, anything i can do to fix it?

Do you have a bullbar etc and carry load on the back? You may have shocks that are not right for the weight or lack of weight on your rig. I had snake racing send me a set of really stiff shocks for a heavier duty application which made my car extremely rough to drive.

either that or have you checked if its your upper control arm maxing out on down travel causing a knock and stiff feeling, thats what mine is like at the moment

I had similar when I had too heavy a spring on the front struts. I took them out and went from 750lb to 500lb and it sucks up speed bumps no issues at all. Now before you ask I have aftermarket PRG struts with Eibach springs so changing spring rates is easy. However it may well be your front springs are just too heavy for your trucks front end

Latest posts

Back