2004 D22 surging in 2nd & 3rd gear

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveo D22

Reaction score
Hi guys
My D22 ZD30 has this surging problem i have been told its the neutral position switch that needs to be replaced. is it something i can do at home or should it be taken to my nissan dealer? Also where is it located?

Thanks Steveo D22

unplug the neutral switch, if it goes better its the problem.
neutral switch runs the swirl butterfly so that will be closed while at idle and when egr kicks in after being at idle for 5min or more it may cause problems. so proberly best to change the switch if its faulty.

It at the back of the gearbox next the torsion bar adjustment on the right side I think, might be on the left. Cant remember as I haven't looked for a while.

Dave.

my d22 does it aswell, but only if u have your hand resting on the gearstick? lol. hope it helps

have this problem as well and have checked as posted in previous posts and is faulty in 3rd and 4th but will just unplugging it help or do you need a new one?
also is it the one closest to the speedo drive out let on the gearbox?
pictures will help thanks
zd30 3.0lt turbo dsl

Hey guys sorry to bring up an old thread but my trusty nav has just started doing this after a trip to toolangi on sunday. Are there any generous person out there will to take a photo of the right switch plug?

I was gunna get under the nav on the weekend and give it a good clean underneath, even try some contact cleaner on the plugs first.

Downloaded the service manual ?

Go to SM6E-D22KG1

EC Page 59 is for the YD25. But the gearbox's are the same anyway.

Its on the transfer actually.

Latest posts

Back