stereo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scouller

Reaction score
What brand stereo comes out in the d22 2010. Whats a good upgrade with the speakes as there is only two??

I just replaced the 2 front Clarion cardboard speakers with a pair of these:

Pioneer: TS-G1643R 6 inch (16cm) 2-way Car Speakers - Strathfield

The result...disappointment. Can barely hear the difference between them and the speakers that came out. If you want a noticeable upgrade I would go for some 6.5inch splits in the front and 6inch 4 ways in the back doors. All running off an amp.

I've been told you can get some signal converters to run to the amp if you want to keep the stock headunit. Forgot what the guy called them??

id suggest changing over the head unit first, the difference with a quality head unit makes the speakers sound better, dunno thats what ive done and im happy enough with it.

I just replaced the 2 front Clarion cardboard speakers with a pair of these:

Pioneer: TS-G1643R 6 inch (16cm) 2-way Car Speakers - Strathfield

The result...disappointment. Can barely hear the difference between them and the speakers that came out. If you want a noticeable upgrade I would go for some 6.5inch splits in the front and 6inch 4 ways in the back doors. All running off an amp.

I've been told you can get some signal converters to run to the amp if you want to keep the stock headunit. Forgot what the guy called them??

normally they're called line level converters, but depending on the amp it may have them anyway. i have a sony amp in my other car that has rca and standard speaker inputs, so you can run speaker wire from the head unit straight into the amp

Last edited:
normally they're called line level converters, but depending on the amp it may have them anyway. i have a sony amp in my other car that has rca and standard speaker inputs, so you can run speaker wire from the head unit straight into the amp

Sounds like the way to go. Once I get a job and some cash flow i'll look at getting an amp and moving the speakers I just put in the front doors into the rears. Then install some splits in the front.

I don't mind the 6 stacker in the 2010 STR's I just want a bit more fill and clarity in the cabin.

Looking at getting one of those cheap all in 1 gps cd dvd ipod tv reverse camra ones. just over four hundred from china. Need a camera near my tow ball so i can hook the boat up in one go. The standard speaders seem ok seeing there are only two??? but need an upgrade need to drown out the motor haha.

Latest posts

Back