Help wiring switch for led light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digbyj

Reaction score
Hey guys
As per my other thread Im putting in an led reverse light.
All good, light works, but not the little light on my switch.
I got a narva rocker switch and it turns on and off but just no light when on.
I've got power coming to the switch and then power going to the light, and the light earthed.
Do I also need to earth the switch? I've tried but doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something obvious?
There is a ground terminal on the switch which doesn't go anywhere at the moment, does this have to be wired to the big light also perhaps?
Cheers guys, Marcus

There is 4 terminals on the switch,1 power, tapped it into cig lighter, 2 acc goes to light, 3 ground, tried going to an earth - tried negative battery but can't find a good ground in the car, 4 relay switch which auto elec said I wouldn't need.
As I said, the main light works a treat just not the little led on switch, it's gotta be the ground but can't see where I'm going wrong?

Can you post up a pic of the back of the switch at all? Never seen one with 4 prongs before, but shouldn't be hard to work out

Here's a link to it...
Products
As I said, the switch is working, just not the little led.
Cheers

Ok,

Power terminal---wire to 12v supply.

Acc terminal-------wire to your lights/leds..

Ground terminal...wire to chassis/neg terminal etc.

Relay term............optional extra, same as acc, dont be fussed about that.

if the red led dont work after that..it a dodgy led.

:cheers!:

That's basically what I've done, I earthed the rear light to the chassis as well?
Weird.
Thanks for the help anyways.

disregard the rear light for the moment even disconnect them at the switch.
just connect 12v to the power terminal and connect the ground terminal to 12v neg or ground and see what happens. This will light up the led if the switch is not rooted.
I've used these switches myself in the past and had no probs.

:cheers!:

Thanks guys, I'll double check it, can't disconnect light as once I saw it working I soldered all the joins. But yeah I'll double check my ground wire. I dont have that one connected at the moment as once the light was working and I saw it didn't fix my switch issue I figured I didn't need to hook it up.
Just havin som bacon n eggs so I'll try shortly...

Nah nah.... don't have connected at the moment. When I had it connected the light didn't work so didn't think made any difference as I've got the light earthed? Is that right? Either way the switch light doesn't work, but I'll try it again to make sure coz when I go back to the auto elec and he finds what's wrong I'm gonna look
like a dickhead... story of my life!!

Ok think of it this way then
the switsh is turning on 2 leds
one is the work light in the back and the other is the led in the switch. BOTH require an earth.
The switch is switching power from the 12v terminal to the ACC terminal. The ACC terminal is in your case connected to both your leds.

Yeah makes sense a.frontier, which was my original question, and your answer, just about to try it again, I'll earth the switch to the negative battery terminal just as a test.

Nup no good, that was 12v cig lighter (working) to switch power, acc terminal to light and ground wired to battery negative, correct?

No need to run your rear work LED earth/ground to the switch.
Just a short wire from the 'ground term' of the switch to 12v neg or the chassis.

try just
12v pos to ACC term,
and,
12vneg/chassis to the ground term

if that dont work the switch and or switch led is fugged.

Latest posts

Back