Pathfinder Ti Headlights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone seen these yet?
Its the new stock headlights from a 2011 Pathfinder Ti

20100924140233746.jpg

Would be damm interresting to see if these would fit our trucks. I dare say someones just going to have to try lol

They look HID. Take a look in front of the headlight on the body moulding - the little raised section is a sprayer. Part of the laws relating to HID headlights requires a mechanism to clean the lights.

That means the mechanism for auto-levelling the lights is also on that beast (another legal requirement). You'd have to include all the associated guff if you didn't want a canary for it.

Totally on the money there Tony
HID self levelling with washers .
I would be willing to bet you could have the headlights and the cops wouldnt have an idea
I would guess the self levelling mechanism is part of the headlight

If memory serves the self-levelling system has to be regulated by the difference in height at the front and rear of the vehicle. Using something like an artificial horizon system would cause havoc when driving up and down hills!

It means you would have to find out how they determine it from the two axles and then see if that gear can be incorporated into the Navara. Not sure it's worth doing just yet, it might be less expensive to go to better driving lights (or more of 'em).

I have been planning to have a look under my Xtrail (Top line ones now have HID low beam) Low beam is vastly better than the old D22 and my R51 (Older and non HID)

The simplest way for them to look at the headlight levelling I reckon would be suspension potentiometers on the anti roll bars, placed in the middle of each that would get you the average suspension height front and rear. The levelling itself looks to be done by a servo that changes the angle of the lamp inside the headlight housing.

I have been meaning to have a look at mine closely, I have HID low beam and a pair of halogens for high beam and high beam is reasonable but not great. If they use the same lamp assembly as a bi-xenon like the Ti Pathy there is a little motorised screen that blocks the light out at the top for low beam and flips away to allow the full pattern for high beam. It would be too much to ask for the Xtrail to have that type of lamp just without the high beam input to activate the screen and flip it out of the way! That would be easy to hook up to really bring up the high beam.

I might be wrong but I think the headlights are different too, the fron bumper is more roundy and sticks out further and headlights a bit more pointy to match.
Worth checking, i'm no expert

Im sure a couple of the yanks have them installed on there rigs.
but you can get those fish lensed ones from ebay too for HID.
Seriously whos gonna know if it has a levelling system or not when it comes time for a canary.
I just threw the HID kit in my stock lights and Ive never had a problem with the boys in blue nor have anyone flashing their High beams at me.

Last edited:
^ Mad, that's where common sense plays the greater role.

If you don't do stupid things or draw attention to yourself, small things like that slip under the radar and nobody gets hurt.

We still should be mindful of the law though - it's generally there for a good reason.

It was actually the guys in the US who were asking about this in the first place. They were trying to get info from the Uk but werent having any joy.
I have been trying for 2 days to get info from the local dealers but as yet no joy either.
A lot of them installed the EvilBay type HID/LED lights with varying results.

^ Just noticed your Sig.

The Bandag Bullet.

I know the truck. Love those screaming Jimmy's.

Whats the story.

Prices hot off the press from Nissan
Pathfinder Ti headlights
$480.00 ea but not sure what actually comes with them as in if the self leveler gear etc

The bullet threw its uni joints all over the track at Summernats and I had to drag the truck back off the track
NavaraBullet-1.jpg

Back