instument cluster lights?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

just wondering if any one has changed the colour of the instrument cluster lights in there d40, if so is it easy and how hard is it to get the instument cluster it's self out?

any help would be great

thanks Justin

The guys in the states have done this already. Its not too difficult to pull the dash cluster but the lights are all surface mount led .The leds are soldered on the main board so yes its definately do able but its not the sort of job to tackle unless you have had some experience with surface mounted electronics gear.
Here is some info from the states
BLUE gauge - Nissan Frontier / Navara Forum

Hi guys...

When i had my last ute i had these guys do the light change for me and i gotta say loved it and they did such a good job, under there other models on the site they say they are always looking for other models to try, I think if you could assist in the aspect of helping take the dash out or guide them he will try...if i was in Sydney i would be happy to be the Guinea pig maybe someone can try... i also know he does road shows but here is the work that he did on my last ute... thanks guys

Welcome to ASR Audio & Electronics Home Page

Attachments

• DSC00049.JPG
    DSC00049.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 402
  • DSC00053.JPG
    DSC00053.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 376
Looks good Mac Factor....I really want blue lights in my nav... my head unit and boost guage are blue so it would look great if the whole lot matched.. does anyone know anyone in Brisbane who does this stuff at a good price?

i would say that i would give it ago..

i did it to my last car, a lancer was a pain so im not gonna bother, unless led caps can be used

dash lights

I was board this morning and finaly got around to doing this ,I changed the dash lights to blue and inverted the lcd's .I think it looks heaps better

Attachments

• dash before.jpg
    dash before.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 272
  • dash after.jpg
    dash after.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 296
I was board this morning and finaly got around to doing this ,I changed the dash lights to blue and inverted the lcd's .I think it looks heaps better

Mate that looks sweet!!
I too want to do that so it's good to see how it will look.

How do you invert the displays?

Cheers

Methods to invert LCD's have been around for a while, and there is quite a few examples on the net but I'd imagine doing such thing would give Nissan an easy out should you ever need to put in a claim against on the instrument cluster. The LED's shouldn't effect warranty but the LCD I think would.

Back