oil pressure gauge install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raddy027

Reaction score
can anyone tell me where to find the oil pressure switch on a yd25?? I've got the gauge itself all wired up apart from the sender, I just can't find where to t into. frustrating as hell! had the boost and oil gauge in for a week now! any help much appreciated

sorry I don't know much about it but could you put up what you have done as I am soon going to put an oil pressure gauge in. It would be greatly appreciated. I take it that it was not too difficult?

Down the right side of the motor below the intake manifold should be a large round widget with a pair of pipes/hoses coming out of it. This is the oil cooler.

In front of this is the Oil Pressure Switch. I don't think there are any hoses here - it's an electronic sender of the oil pressure.

That means (to my mind) that the ECU already knows the oil pressure and with a Scangauge you might be able to just read that info off in real time. Krafty? You got one of those widgets. What say you?

1/ That means (to my mind) that the ECU already knows the oil pressure

2/ and with a Scangauge you might be able to just read that info off in real time. What say you?

1/ yes that is true.

2/ I wish it was true but its false.

so has anyone hooked up a oil pressure gauge? if so whered you put the sender unit? can u just tee into where the standard pressure unit is?

well ive started to put in the oil pressure gauge. i removed original sender unit and screwed it into a t piece and refitted. then fitted the sender unit for the gauge into the other branch of the t piece. not a whole heap of room but not too bad. what kind of pressure should i be getting. im getting 20psi at idle and around 50 at 3000rpm.

No idea what pressure you should be getting but that sounds like a reasonable pressure.
Any motors i have worked on seem to be in that kind of range.

i did read as a rule of thumb that it should be 10psi for every 1000rpm. just wasnt 100% sure if diesels were different to petrol engines. cheers

thanks tony. just found something in my gregories manual. a little bit less than what youve put up but close. it says at idle above 116kpa at 2000rpm above 234kpa. mines giving 18psi at idle and up to 60-70 driving

Latest posts

Back