blacked.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarryd

Reaction score
hey guys got my 2010 d40 st in nov last year , just done some recent mods ready for some action , tjm bull bar , steel rims with maxxis AT 265/70r16 , 2inch efs lift kit

want some underbody protection , maybe winch

jarrydandclaire039.jpg
[/IMG]

i feel like its missing something , i just pick it please help me out lol :)

thanks jarryd

Looks good. To really look the part and provide protection, get some Bolseys black tube rock sliders to replace the standard side steps. Good price and they do the job, (still have to get mine :big_smile:).

i will have to look into them raywise , oh and i see you are from munruben ! me too well my parents still live there im on the northside at the moment but

so went to the 4x4 show today and got recovery kit and highlift jack from tjm for a good price :) , also on the way home i got my self some muddies hahaha :p :D :D :D oh and removed the sports bar dunno if i should get it powdercoated black and put it back on , i kinda like it with out it :)

jarrydandclaire042.jpg
[/IMG]

jarrydandclaire041.jpg

ha ha that is looking more like it mate! I didn't think it would take you long.
What size are they 265/75?

Did you see my truck with colour coded rear bumper? I think it looks heaps better than the chrome jmo

Thats a nice lookin rig its amazing the difference chunky tread has made to it.
I think your sports bar would look great Black the Diesel 6 has black sports bars and look great.
And Color coding your rear bar would set it apart too.

thanks mate .

i was thinking about getting like a steel bar instead of the chrome rear bar but ill see how it goes it didnt bother me today :)

hey mate, nice looking rig, wat offset are those rims and where abouts did ya get em from?

Hey Jarryd,

Here my Ironhide - have had him blacked out for a while - I sprayed my sports bars about 10 months ago becasue i didn't like the bling look.

2258.jpg

Only differnce with mine I shoved 33 inch muddies under mine.

sweet! , did u just spray paint straight on to them , or did u have to prep them etc ? , im looking at doing a 1inch body lift on mine and i should be happy for awhile haha

also do u run any kind of rubber flare ? and have u ever been hasseled by the cops ?

sweet! , did u just spray paint straight on to them , or did u have to prep them etc ? , im looking at doing a 1inch body lift on mine and i should be happy for awhile haha

also do u run any kind of rubber flare ? and have u ever been hasseled by the cops ?

Hey mate,

I scuffed them up with some wet and dry sand paper followed by a primer. I then sprayed them black. I got a bit lazy and didn't finish them off with a clear coat so they have turned into a mat black.

Fortunately enough i didn't need the body lift as my suspension came up about 65mm and i could fit the tyres.

Since that pic was taken I have put the muddies back on the standard rims which i had powder coated black and the muddies minimally sit outside the guards so i didn't feel the need for flares.

Touch wood I have not been hassled by the cops or even mentioned on RBT's.

Im not sure about QLD but here in VIC we have the otways many guys put muddies on for play if we get caught with 35s or above they just tell us to go home and change our wheels over. They pretty much know most guys dont run muddies every day (except folk like myself) so its pointless for them to canary it if you have spare rims at home for everyday use.
In summary if you have trouble with them just tell em you have stockies at home.

Im not sure about QLD but here in VIC we have the otways many guys put muddies on for play if we get caught with 35s or above they just tell us to go home and change our wheels over. They pretty much know most guys dont run muddies every day (except folk like myself) so its pointless for them to canary it if you have spare rims at home for everyday use.
In summary if you have trouble with them just tell em you have stockies at home.

yeah i have some mates who also run bigger tyres etc and havent been bothered ... i still have my stock rims and stock tyres at home but this car isnt a daily driver at all i gets out maybe once or twice at the most a week fingers crossed i get left alone :)

with regards to the body lift i only really want the front of the car to sit up higher , ive been reading about upper control arms etc so i dont think i can fit a spacer with my 2inch lift ... that why im thinking of doing a 1inch lift hopfully i wont have to modify the bullbar unlike a 2inch body lift

so got bored today and went and saw zordo for a 1inch body lift kit for my easter project :)
pretty easy to fit didnt have to cut anything as it was only 1inch . had 1 problem with rear tray bolt that nearly made me give in .. i hate nissan parts haha but i eventually got it.

the gap on my bullbar isnt to bad and i havent lifted the rear bar as it doesnt really phase me

here are some pics of the lift
jarrydandclaire059.jpg

jarrydandclaire058.jpg

jarrydandclaire063.jpg

jarrydandclaire061.jpg

got a nice box for the back today to throw recovery gear and stuff in , got over it rolling around the back seats

jarrydandclaire073.jpg

Latest posts

Back