Lets talk canopies!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshman

Reaction score
Hey all, I've decided to go down the canopy route, as much as I prefer to have a tray-back, I want to do touring in the Nav, so a canopy is fairly necessary.

What I want is a colour coded, smooth finish, standard height canopy with lift up windows, and roof racks.

ARB have quoted me just under $3k normally, or about $2700 if I take up a 4x4 show offer.

Are there cheaper/better alternatives out there?

What if you have one, what did you pay and from where? And what quirks/perks does it have?

Hey Josh, the ARB certainly is good quality, although I'd go with the lift up windows, not slide. The slide windows have this stupid ratchet system which means you can't slide the window open in one movement, theres about 3 ratchet stops that you have to release to slide it.

I still haven't wired mine in for interior light/stop light, still have to work the wiring out. I was quoted $2700 last year from ARB, painted, fitted etc, and I thought that was a good price.

Good luck researching!

They may not be cheaper but there is definitely better than ARB out there.

There is heaps of threads already here discussing different models and what people like and don't like about their canopies, some mainstream brand names others are different and less heard of but anyone who's fitted one or had one fitted has pretty much listed their pros and cons somewhere on this site.

Yeah, depends where you are. (in Perth there is heaps of them floating around...) most of them come from Thailand anyway. To me it comes down to cost / quality.. I bought my one through Sports Range 4x4 for like $2200...

just gone down dis road and ended up going wid the ARB canopy was around the same money your talking. 1 thing to consider if you want roof racks that carry more than 75kg you will need to buy the internal frame an extra $750 i think they charged me

jyou will need to buy the internal frame an extra $750 i think they charged me

Wow I'm sure the other day when I was talking to Woody about his canopy he said the frame for the racks on his Ironman were only $350.

Wow I'm sure the other day when I was talking to Woody about his canopy he said the frame for the racks on his Ironman were only $350.
They came standard with my Flexiglass 5 or so years ago. Back when Flexiglass were 1/2 the price of the competitor brands.
But I have recently learned that Flexiglass canopy prices have gone through the roof...
Bill

I think someone said Flexiglass are Nissan "genuine" so that could explain the price hike, they figure if Nissan are going to charge $4000 for a canopy they can charge $3000

I fitted the ARB smooth canopy to mine when it was new, along with the heavy duty roof rack and internal bar work; Works great but have had it back to ARB Gold Coast 6 times to have leaks fixed and it still leaks!! Has done non-stop for 4 years now. Have also had the roof rack re-powder coated as it was cracking and flaking off...... they look good though?!?:shoot:

I am getting a 3XM fitted in Brisbane next week. I went high roof colour coded and fitted. $2350. they are based out of brisbane and are TJM's wholesaler.

Guess i'll find out if it is any good next week.

Latest posts

Back