Remove Air box

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiburn

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am trying to fit a snorkel today and cant get the b@st@rd air box out. It is the bottom bolt. It is exteremely slow and painful. At the point of giving up and paying for it to be installed. Has anyone had this issue?

It is a safari snorkel.

Thanks

The air box should pull up over the bottom bolt rubber. The bolts are similar to those on the engine plastic shroud, you just pull them over the rubber to remove them.

Hope this helps.

thanks so much you're a lifesaver, or shall I say finger and voice saver. I agree with another post on snorkels, you need a thesaurus for the words you can use when nothing goes your way.

No worries, good luck.

I'm still trying to find a way of sealing the genuine snorkel, I wish I had of gone with a Safari.

I found that nothing is sealed on the air box so i pulled the air box apart and sealed it with sikaflex and sealed the snorkel to tha air box with Sikaflex as well, you do hear the snorkel abit more when sealed properly.

Now i got the airbox out, and tried drilling the large hole but stuffed my hole saw (must have been for wood). I cannot believe they cost $100 for a new one. Now works out cheaper to get someone to do it, but of course they are all booked out before easter. Can't win at the moment, I also stuffed my eye sunday, so can hardly see out of it to write this. Hope its better soon as I need to get the snorkel installed.

Update for those that are interested. All completed and looks good. Very disappointed with the noise, but its there for purpose not the noise. I certainly know it was installed properly and will be completely sealed.

Been told before that safari's are restrictive compared to the airtec one.

That was on Patrols though.

All the 4WD shops I went to (several sellig airtec and Safari) suggested going Safari, they said they were less restrictive and you can fit a precleaner to them for convoy travel.

Latest posts

Back