Weekend job's you always seem to get stuck doing.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Me, well not every weekend I often get talked into doing tv antenna installations, whether it be 1 tv to 8 outlets like my house that has 8 tv outlets.

If anyone needs tips or advice hit me up.

The other one seems to be adding phonelines, I dont know why I agree.

Anyone else have this problem.

Dave.

Yep I feel your pain mate, I have a small sheetmetal business and i have pretty much just given up and told all my mates if they want something made, put it through the business. For ages I would spend every bloody saturday at work doing stuff for mates for bugger all. I absolutley hate working weekends now, and try and avoid it wherever possible.

Here are a couple of my weekends fruits:

I did some work on this (it started out as a sedan), The owner was pretty handy and did a lot of it, we just did the some of the big stuff at my place.

Lucky it was strong:

My workshop come spray booth: (thats not me painting)

Finished product: Ready for fun!

Last edited:
Fuel tank and various bits and peices for low 9 second old school Kwaka:

Some work on the roll hoops on this nice toy:

My daughter wanted a rocking horse, so I made her one (with a twist)

A BBQ bench for my neighbour:

Last edited:
Web development, graphic design. I had to do some extra curricular volunteer activities years back and this one's just dragged on: romseykindergarten.com.au

I also got roped into doing the graphic design for a sustainability conference. Be nice to be paid for some of it but ah well.

Jeez Matt, you and my brother would work well together. He is a panel beater.

Some nice work there mate.

Web development, I have no idea on how do do that stuff. Advice dont tell anyone you know how to do it.

Dave.

I'm a sparky by trade, but I've been ignoring people that ask me to do stuff for so long that have given up which is great cause I get my weekends to myself.

Bloody hell, the sheeties on this site have some skill. Shonky and Matt's work is top notch, I hate metal work because I couldn't do work that good.

Hey Shonky what made you get out electrical, I have always wanted to get the trade. Done heaps of electrical work with a mate, just couldn't get a start.

Dave.

Hey Shonky what made you get out electrical, I have always wanted to get the trade. Done heaps of electrical work with a mate, just couldn't get a start.

Dave.

Things just didn't work out with one of the guys I was working for, he thought I wasn't getting enough done and I thought he was smoking to many bongs during work time to be making that call so I pulled the pin and told him to shove his job up his.......anyway after that the old man asked me to come and have a crack at working on automatic doors which I picked up pretty quick, did that for 10 years, the old man left that after about 2 years earlier and started the sheet metal stuff, then when he had more work than he knew what to do with he and asked me if I wanted to have a crack at that too, so I did.

I worked for a big electrical company for 6 months, got sick of chasing after lazy tradesmen who couldn't put stuff away and getting the blame for not knowing about stuff left out.

The big fat boss talked to everyone like a dog and everyone else would come to work monday talking about all the drugs they took on the weekend.

So I told the big fat boss to get !@#$%^ and quit.

Looked elsewhere but then got into comms work.

Atleast you wouldn't have any trouble with distribution boards, you can make em and wire em up.

Dave.

matt, i like ya work.
do you do custom bar work? like front winch bars and rock sliders?

matt, i like ya work.
do you do custom bar work? like front winch bars and rock sliders?

Mate I probably could but honestly I would be guessing my way through the winch bar. I am going to make a set of sliders for my D40 when I get a chance so I will put a shout out in case anyone else wants a set. My mate has a D22 aswell so I might use it as a prototype and make some for them aswell.

matt76.. get at me when you make them sliders with some pics... ill buy some off you for sure!

Anyone else get stuck doing any
Yep! Solar bloody hot water installs for family! I reckon I've done my last one. Mainly the lo-line type (tank on the ground, panels on the roof) normally a nice 5 or so hour job for tw Plumbers and I'm on my own!

Mate I probably could but honestly I would be guessing my way through the winch bar. I am going to make a set of sliders for my D40 when I get a chance so I will put a shout out in case anyone else wants a set. My mate has a D22 aswell so I might use it as a prototype and make some for them aswell.

i'd probably look at a pair of the rock sliders or rear bar :D

Matt

Count me in for some D40 sliders.

(you may regret mentioning this!:big_smile:)

Bosshog

Latest posts

Back