VNOG Navrun for Navaras

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
Bit of a discussion with Jase the other week and he had the thought of creating a Navrun for just us lot around one of the state forests that we regularly frequent.
I would like to gauge interest of how many would be interested. Bear in mind that it would be set up to cater for all vehicles. Road going to rugged, all welcome and catered for. Looking at Toolangi or Wombat.
It would be a basic navigational day whereby you need to find / photograph proof that you made it to the points laid out. Some of the points will be made difficult to get to and will score higher but there will be many along basic tracks to make up for vehicle handicaps...make sense.? Basic GPS and maps to be decided beforehand.
Kick off on a Sat morning at 9 with the cut off finish time to be 4pm. Campsite for Sat night or head home.

So who's interested?
When do we do it?
Where do we do it?
How do we do it?

Aido (now officially a hero it would seem), sounds awesome.
I've only ever been involved in a treasure hunt before wherevyou get clues n stuff so can't really tell you how to work it! Will have to buy/borrow a gps.
Cheers, Marcus

Yep - I'm interested.

When - well we do have a bit planned over the next 3 months with Deddick, High Country and Border Track. (On a personal note I have some tracking trial dotted amongst these trips).

Where - I'm happy to travel to a place where the route setters are comfortable they know the tracks and their condition.

How.......... Team up and pay an entry fee which goes to the forum or a charity.

Last edited:
Will have to buy/borrow a gps.
Cheers, Marcus

Basic road going navman will do for the bulk of the work. They can work to longitude and latitude co-ordinates. It may come down to a total investment of one paper map ----> not rooftop cartoons.

Wont be an entry fee or costs just another day in the bush where we can all go in separate directions instead of a convoy. Maybe a lunch break at a designated point. All to attend and points deducted for every 2 minutes late?
Same for finishing point that will be the campsite. Those that want to or need to head home then they can for the rest I may just have a keg and some roast meat for dinner.

As for the Mesiah stuff .....please!
I put my jocks on one leg at time like the rest of you. Theres a happy mental picture for ya's

Last edited:
Sounds good to me. Maybe late in the year when the weather is better, either place would be good to do it, wombat is closer to home and we dont really get too many trips over this side of town, how? Teams of 2, over a weekend, day and night runs? More points for the more basic cars, overall a fun weekend away with minimal costs would be awesome

No entry fee, and a keg??? There'll be blokes sellin their cruisers to get an invite! Gotta charge an entry fee for that, and maybe enough to cover a prize for the winner?

No entry fee, and a keg??? There'll be blokes sellin their cruisers to get an invite! Gotta charge an entry fee for that, and maybe enough to cover a prize for the winner?

Lets just nut out the first one. No trophies, just bragging rights....unless trophies are required???
Alright then $1 pots and $1 for a sausage in bread.
Navaras only. Others by invite only.
Jase for the last post I saw from you....you and your patrol can stay at home! :sarcastic:

I'm interested...depending on date....Lerdy is prefered though not interested in ball busting tracks and bogholes.

:cheers!:

wombat/ lerderderg is my preference. The idea sounds good and it seems like its not meant to be full on winch out the whole way, more so navigating a few tracks to different points

Extra points for sucessful bog holes, I know some good ones out at wombat lol. Happy to help out with mapping aswell

The waypoints will be scored according to difficulty to navigate, the route instructions will indicate the difficulty probably a 1-5 scale., It will be up to you to decide what will score the most points the quickest, Attempt the bogs for big points but longer time, or quickly cover more ground on the major tracks picking up the lesser scores.

Sounds like Lerderberg/Wombat is the preference, now we just need a reasonable amount of participants to make it worth while.

sounds like a great idea for some fun out ... but i'm booked full for May.

June would suit me better.

No matter whats decided, it'll be a great day out. !!!

Back