New exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merchant

Reaction score
Hi all, didn't want to hijack anyone elses thread so thought id start a new one.

I'm in the market for a new bigger exhaust to match with the recent chip i installed. I was considering 2.5 or 3" which seems to be the norm. I ring a exhaust shop in the Fremantle area and explain what i wanted he he tells me i would be wasting my money. I ask why and he say's the Navara exhaust is big enough as it is and because the turbo is so small on the Navara the power gain i would get would be miniscule.

What he recommended i do is simply leave the exhaust as it is, remove the current muffler and replace it with a high flow straight-through muffler. This would be far more economical and would give be similar power/torque gains as a complete system.

What do you think?

Interested in everyone's comments.

Hi all, didn't want to hijack anyone elses thread so thought id start a new one.

I'm in the market for a new bigger exhaust to match with the recent chip i installed. I was considering 2.5 or 3" which seems to be the norm. I ring a exhaust shop in the Fremantle area and explain what i wanted he he tells me i would be wasting my money. I ask why and he say's the Navara exhaust is big enough as it is and because the turbo is so small on the Navara the power gain i would get would be miniscule.

What he recommended i do is simply leave the exhaust as it is, remove the current muffler and replace it with a high flow straight-through muffler. This would be far more economical and would give be similar power/torque gains as a complete system.

What do you think?

Interested in everyone's comments.

I reckon it was in the to hard basket for him.

Cant comment to much on the D40 system, but the D22 comes alive with a decent exhaust.

I reckon it was in the to hard basket for him.

Cant comment to much on the D40 system, but the D22 comes alive with a decent exhaust.

Possibly, but he was the business owner and i wouldn't think that he would talk a potential customer out of installing a new system when that is his primary business.

I think he was being genuine. Will ring few more in the coming days.

Pm Matt76 and see if he thinks the exhaust change on his was worth it.

Bosshog has had his done to.

Back