1995 speedo problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nissanmad

Reaction score
hi iv just replaced speedo drive sensor in navara but still no go before i replaced it the speedo worked when it feel like and was all over the place some times it stayed steady then would cut out after 20 or 30km taking out cluster wires look ok any way of testing cluster to see if thats ok so then i can cut problem down to a break in wiring lume thanks luke:thank_

That's how my speedo in my 1970 VW Kombi went when the cable broke. Sometimes it'd catch and it would flick the needle, other times it'd just let go completely and not register. Being a Volkswagen, it was nearly impossible to exceed the speed limit unless you were on a vertical incline (some people call it a cliff) so it didn't bother me too much.

If yours isn't mechanical, it would have to be an intermittent electrical contact, possibly the earth to the instrument panel.

Might seem obvious but the speedo arm on these bend and can catch on the face. This isn't the problem is it? Are you sure the speed cable itself is working?

fixed the problem it was the speedo in the dash wee motor burnted out its also the electric speedo model with round dash thanks

Latest posts

Back