loud squeak/squal from brake's i think.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickars2

Reaction score
Hey guys,

on saturday i was driving along and i tapped the brake pedal and the front left brake come on a fair bit for a second and then had this squeal/squeak noise and it went away and then it came back when i was turning corner's and now it is happening more often, i looked at the front left rotor and it looks like there is something rubbing on it.

do ya reckon this is the brake pad wear indicator rubbing?
the car is about to click over 100 000km and from what i know there still the original pads. so i think it's the front pads
are they easy to replace cause i had the caliper off before to check the cv.
how hard is it to get the pad's out the caliper?
have any of you guy's replaced them your self?
if so what brakes pads did you use?

they do have a wear tap on them so they do start to squel even when not useing the brakes.

can be hard to see how much pad is left without pulling it out.
sometimes the pads will wear uneven ie one side may be worn out but not the other.

had one lot replaced, but quicker and easier for mechanic to do it. eg it can be a pain when the calpiers don't go back.

oh ok, yeah ill get both front brake's done.
yeah i didn't know how hard it would be to get the pads in the caliper.
cause it's and easy job getting the caliper off the disc but putting the pads in i have no idea.

Mines still on the original pads but Ive done plenty before. Its an easy job.

You just use a screw clamp to compress the piston(s) back into the caliper before you fit the new pads.

and get one of those bleed brake helper things, makes life really easy. also use it when you push the pads back. you might as well change the brake fluid while your at it.

You can get the piston pushers ( as i like to call it ) from bursons, repco etc and don't forget to clean and re grease the sliders on your calipers with bearing grease.

cheers

Latest posts

Back