Winches.....?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What brand of winch are you running?

• Total voters
Reaction score
G'Day to all,

Just want to see what brand of Winches most of you are running, I am in the market for one at the moment but just cant make my mind up as to what to get......Warn very expensive, maybe Ironman?

Cheers Matt

Last edited:
I voted other because i have a su per cheap auto hand winch.All i can afford right now. :eek:

Warn XD9000, got it off a work mate of my brother. He had a ex Police GU Nissan Patrol, was about to trade it in. So we offered him $200 dollars for the winch and he said why not.

Good buy I think.

Just had to order the solenoid mount through Nissan.

Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted other because i have a su per cheap auto hand winch.All i can afford right now. :eek:

I'm feelin' you there, I can't yet justify a fancy pants winch either so I've got a hand-me-down hand winch, weighs like 40 kilos and is about a million years old. I had it kicking about loose in the tray for a while and one sharp left hander was all it took to crush the corner of my tool box with it. Can't wait for when I drop it on my foot...

ive got the aldi winch from when it used to be a rebadged ironman. It has copped an absolute punishment in the almost 2years ive had it and never let me down, used it easily 20 times. I dont follow the duty cycle and dont stop winching till im at the top or the otherbloke is back on his wheels. hasnt been serviced yet either.

quality is suposedly lower. Heard lots of good things bout tigerz11 and hes on all the big forums so easy to contact. bought my plasma cable off him.

Just had a good look at the Tigerz11 website there new 12000 lb winch with synthetic rope only $799 delivered......looks good and a great price, any one else heard anything or know anyone running these winches ??

THISWOTIDONOW!!!!

Has anyone fitted a Tigerz11 winch to there standard steel Nissan bar, got a quote for $400 just for the installation from my local 4WD shop, stating that they have to pull the whole bar off and re-fit toget winch in.........is this the case, watched some footage of an installation on you-tube and the bar never got removed ??? Any thoughts ???

I've got a steel bar on mine. There's not a lot of room to shove things in from behind, it's manufactured to fit snugly against the front and replace the factory bumper. My guess is that a large winch would not go in at all without dropping the bar - the opening for the winch is above the base plate and below the top plate.

Where's that Mr Scott when you need him!

(can't vote in the poll, I don't have a winch, just the Nissan steel bar which is winch-capable)

Has anyone fitted a Tigerz11 winch to there standard steel Nissan bar, got a quote for $400 just for the installation from my local 4WD shop, stating that they have to pull the whole bar off and re-fit toget winch in.........is this the case, watched some footage of an installation on you-tube and the bar never got removed ??? Any thoughts ???

I fit mine with the bar on. Bit fiddly but very doable, make sure youve got someone there to lend a hand as winches arnt light, although i managed to do mine on my own.

Hey Blokes,

I've got a T-Max hand winch, picked it up for about 300 new and does the job

i scored a magnum(warn) 9000lb wicnh for $200, good buy, hadnt been serviced so i gave it a birthday and looks good, now i have to get a winch bar

I have 2 tiger winches, 12,000 on the front and a 9,000 on the rear (hilux mud truck). The pair was cheaper than one warn. The chrome has rusted but otherwise they are still pulling strong. Unless weight is a real concern, go for steel rope over plasma for long term durability.

Latest posts

Back