Dive Buddies (SCUBA)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biscuits

Ginger Ninja.
Reaction score
How many of the QLD lads are diving en·thu·si·ast's.

I have all my own gear and am always looking for a dive buddy. Only available on weekends mainly as i live in Toowoomba. But am willing to make the trip for a good dive or even a crap one.

If you are heading on a dive and need a buddy or its the more the merrier. Chuck a post in here.

I dived the ex HMAS Brisbane a few years ago,that was good.
Probably be up your way within a year for the sister in laws wedding,or if your ever in melb let me know.

I dived the ex HMAS Brisbane a few years ago,that was good.
Probably be up your way within a year for the sister in laws wedding,or if your ever in melb let me know.

Flights are cheap and the diving is much better up north than here in the bay - Drysuit!

How do you go checking in tanks on aeroplanes anyway?

Bloody mexicans hijacking the thread.

Always hire tanks. Although, just bought some new kit for the D40 for tank racks in tray, looking fwd to the new arrival.

I run a backplate and wing for diving, so fairly compact and light weight. Easy to tavel with my own gear!

I have dived a s/steel backplate for years on twin 12's with a 60lb wing. Really
comfortable in the water and you can take a bit of lead off your weightbelt.
I like the lack of clutter or squeeze when bladder inflated compared to jacket
style bcd's.

Have all my own kit apart from tanks and suit. Tanks I left back in the UK and haven't
had the chance to dive here yet so no suit.

Will have to arrange a drive and dive meet somewhere :big_smile:
murph

I run a zeagle BP&W from Chriso at Divetub.

Brilliant piece of kit, mine is set-up for singles but easily switchable to twins. The backplate is stainless and super comfortable. Can also get an ali backplate for lightweight travel.

I agree with Murph, i hate the squeeze and closed in feeling from vest type BCD. Plus i find the BP&W set-up trims me out better in the water.

Latest posts

Back