2inch lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AN97RY

Reaction score
Hey guys fitted a dobinsons 2 inch lift kit. didn't replace torsion bars, just wound them up.
just wanted to know will it make much difference if they are replaced??
What are the benefits of changed them from the stock bars.
Help please.:sad:

torsion bars are the main weight bearing springs. They can be adjsuted, as you have done, to increase ride height. If you're finding the new height is causing rubbing / fowling of components or too much body roll while driving, you may need stiffer ones. Some people have left their standard ones in. Will be up to your personal ride choice....

Sorry to hijack but I have a similar question.

I have a 2010 D22 with the dual batteries and the factory steel winch bar with spotties on it. I don't have a winch yet but its on a long list at the end of a bunch of other mods first.

If i'm going the 2inch lift soon should i just go with the upgraded torsion bars already? Will it make the ride any harsher until I have the extra weight of the winch on the front?

You could get the torsion bars with the kit or wait. Ride will be a little stiffer till the winch goes on
Cheers

Stock bars will sag, i had mine cranked and within 6months they were dead. Ive installed hd torsions had them cranked and never looked back. Such a better feel up front too. I would recommend to any one that a hd upgrade is a must.

i also agree with dr13b, i had a week between fitting a suspension kit then the torsion bars as i ran out of time the first weekend. much better feel to drive, less body roll, i was actually surprised how much of a difference they made. i personally would never do the kit without the bars knowing what i know now.

Gday AN97RY I'm from Syd aswell and just going through the process of deciding what lift to get for my d22. How is your kit? How much and where from? Thanks mate

Gday AN97RY I'm from Syd aswell and just going through the process of deciding what lift to get for my d22. How is your kit? How much and where from? Thanks mate
Yeh I'm pretty keen to know as well.
I am getting so many varied opinions. I'm just about to do a suspension upgrade to try and fit a set of 265/75/16 MTV's and towing an Ultimate Camper. So am thinking of a 2" lift kit.
Any suggestions to what 'exactly' should be done would certainly be appreciated.
T

Yeh I'm pretty keen to know as well.
I am getting so many varied opinions. I'm just about to do a suspension upgrade to try and fit a set of 265/75/16 MTV's and towing an Ultimate Camper. So am thinking of a 2" lift kit.
Any suggestions to what 'exactly' should be done would certainly be appreciated.
T

G'day Tony,

Yeah I know what you mean, I bit the bullet and got the 2inch dobisons kit ordered from Zordo in Qld. Got the kit the other day looks great but not installing it until the long weekend :( i'll let you know how it goes.

lift

Hi There

Been making enquiries myself about lift kits, do you get a genuine 2" lift. No supplier seems to guarantee that you do?

oziav8or said:
Hi There

Been making enquiries myself about lift kits, do you get a genuine 2" lift. No supplier seems to guarantee that you do?

It varies between 40 and 50 mm usually but by the time you add tires it will be over 2 inch

hi guys sorry about the delay been outer state. My kit was fitted by rally equip at pendle hill great bunch of boys actually give a F%$k about customers. Give em a go tell them Ben silver nav sent you. by memory kit without t bars 1200 -1300.

i just fitted the 2" dobinsons lift with dobinson torsion bars aswell glad i did the ride is so much better they should come out stock with the suspenison like that. i got 50mm of lift from my kit but its only just gone in, it will settle abit so in a week or so of normal driving i will know how much i will get exactly i found doing the torsion bars easier then doing the rear as i had to drop out the fuel take so i could undo the drivers side rear spring front mounting bolt it was that tight i couldnt undo with a breaker bar or even fit it in between the fuel tank and chassis

Dobinsons, EFS- both great springs. But definately go new HD torsion bars straight up, you'll be pleased you did. Also spring for a decent set of shocks like the Bilsteins- makes all the difference. You may just have to cut the inner lower edge off your mudflaps to stop them rubbing on 265/75 tyres at full lock.

Latest posts

Back