on the beach

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizz007

Reaction score
Takeing the d40 st auto on the beach tomorrow, i done beach driving before in my toyota surf , just wondering how these d40 st auto go on thee beach ,any tips or hints , should i use the auto box like a manual just or just stick it in drive and go , O/D on or off low or high range , the beachs are fairly soft where i am up at clarkson perth

I'm not a d40 owner buy my suggestions would be to use the manual selection in the box and use 4low to start with then stop somewhere and try 4high see what works best. It's all about trying.

Goodluck
Rusty

Assuming you've done all the other things like tyre pressures etc just stick it in drive and go. OD shouldn't make a difference as you're unlikley to get up to speeds that fast and drive will get you through the sand just fine. Drive to the conditions and you'll know if you need to drop it down a gear.

i just drop tyre pressure, drop it in h4 and select drive. goes well on soft or hard beach sand. Just experiment and find what works best for the situation. im really stoked at how well the d40's go offroad. biggest let down for me so far would be underbody clearance and the articulation could be a bit better.

I just ripped off my sidestep because i pulverised them first couple of times out. On side was hanging by a couple of bolts.

Recommend you get a set of rock sliders... thats my next upgrade.

I like to select my own gears (auto) especially if I'm going through the soft stuff, once on the hard sand it's back into "D" 2H.

I have a manual but I dropped tyres to 25pound and sit between 3rd n 2nd depending how soft sand is. Just kept it in boost range.
mostly I found its all about pressure.

I don't drive a D40, but i would also suggest drop pressure to give you the biggest help. Also, if with someone else, it might be good chance to test it out to see what works. Select gears or drive and just have a go. If ya get stuck, get ya mate to pull you out and try again differently. May sound stupid, but its how i learnt and it worked.

Mitch

Latest posts

Back