2007 stx tonneau cover

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D40 Dan

Reaction score
I have a soft tonneau cover that has unfortunately fallen to bits along the plastic snap locking strips, looking into it, it seems there was a product recall on these items, i spoke to nissan briefly and they said as the vehicle is out of warranty i would have to cover the cost of a new one, do you guys think that if there was a recall whether the warranty is out or not they should replace it.?? If not does anyone know of anywhere to buy the strips, if not aftermarket covers with the snaplock system. cheers

As far as I am aware non safety recalls do have a reasonable time limit on them (reasonable being decided by the manufacturer). I'm not aware of any rule that even states a manufacturer has to announce a non safety related recall therefore because the car is out of warranty and the recall was issued well over 24 months ago (from memory) I doubt their is any legal obligation on Nissan's behalf to uphold a non safety related recall. However you could email Recalls Australia and ask them where you stand they should be able to give you a better legal description.

strips

I have a soft tonneau cover that has unfortunately fallen to bits along the plastic snap locking strips, looking into it, it seems there was a product recall on these items, i spoke to nissan briefly and they said as the vehicle is out of warranty i would have to cover the cost of a new one, do you guys think that if there was a recall whether the warranty is out or not they should replace it.?? If not does anyone know of anywhere to buy the strips, if not aftermarket covers with the snaplock system. cheers

i think ive got some Ive taken off a King Cab when we fitted a lid , ill check on wednesday gimme call 0418232636 trev

snaplock strips

Trev, do you mean you may have the strips that go onto the well body (aluminium) or the plastic strips that are stiched into the tonneau?
i'm after the tonneau side strips as they are what have perished!
cheers

strips

i had the metal strips , they were removed when we fitted a hard cover. Unfortunately the guy came back and got them . so no longer available
sorry trev

Latest posts

Back