265/75 On standard D40?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22 King

Reaction score
Hi all. A workmate wants to fit 265/75/16 cooper stt tyres on his D40. Can this be done standard without a lift kit?

I think no probs,i just put that size Maxxis Bighorns on my second set of rims.Been driving around for the last week with them on and no scrapes.Bloody noisy though.
The photobucket link in my sig has a pic of my nav with the Bighorns on.

G'day Navarian, are you driving 6spd or auto. I have 6 spd and am looking at tyres, would like to go 265/75/16 as well but I'd like to know if they upset the gearing too much as in take off from standstill etc, before I lash out. I know they will correct the speedo though. It will be either these or 265/70 which will leave me legal in NSW anyhow.

Thanks

6 speed diesel,Take off is a tad slower but not enough to worry me. The new tyres are on a second set of rims and will be used for trips away.For daily driving i will have the standards on.

No probe

Hi there, I'm currently running maxxis bighorn 265/75/16, on standard rims everyday. Been a year now no problems, littlebit noisey, but I like it. Rubs when i go off road. My suggestion would be, if you do alot of off road driving, get a lift, even just a 2inch, overall made the nav look alot better

I have 6 spd and am looking at tyres, would like to go 265/75/16 as well but I'd like to know if they upset the gearing too much as in take off from standstill etc, before I lash out. I know they will correct the speedo though. It will be either these or 265/70 which will leave me legal in NSW anyhow.

Thanks

Hi Cracka

I tried to get a quote for Cooper ST's 265/75/16 this week, but they would not provide one as they are an illegal fittment here in SA. They would only go to 265/70. However down the road their competitor had no issues in providing a price.

FYI - 265/70 = $332, = 265/70 $321

Bosshog

G'day Bosshog,

I had quotes here for the Mickey T's ATZ 4 rib smallest is 265/75/16 at $330 each. Another local dealer for BFG A/t's 265/70/16 at $380 each (what a joke) I then got on line then rang a bloke at Tyres Plus Menai quoted $300 each for the same thing with a blackmax compressor thrown in when you buy 4 untill the end of this month.

No body around here has a problem with fitting the 265/75 but it might become a problem with ins comp if you have a prang and they realise oversize tyres have been fitted.

The 265/70/16 are right on the 15mm oversize alowed, th 265/75/16 vary about 25 to 40 odd mm too big for the rule, depending on manufacturer and tyre model

It also amazes me you check, for example the BFG website tyre fitment guide with the overall diameter and circumference for the tyres, you do the conversion between the 2 and they don't match. It does make it difficult to select the correct ones. If I go BFG's I'll ring there head ofice and find out which measurement is correct.

A mate here has the Yokohama Geo GO12 on his Hilux and is pretty happy with them, just another option.

Mmm food for thought...

I'd not considered having an accident (as I am 10 foot tall and bullet proof lol). However should the horrible day arrive and the insurance co not pay up does not bear thinking about.

265/70/16 me now think. They'll at least partially fix that damn speedo problem.

I paid $275 for 265/75/16 BF all terrains (melb) was the same price for the coopers just went for the BFG because I had heard some people having problems with the coopers. You blokes seem to be getting ripped off!! bought mine November last year, they couldn't have gone up that much.

I paid $275 for 265/75/16 BF all terrains (melb) was the same price for the coopers just went for the BFG because I had heard some people having problems with the coopers. You blokes seem to be getting ripped off!! bought mine November last year, they couldn't have gone up that much.

Haven't purchased the tyres yet, but good to know other prices.

Just seen the twin to my Navara at the local dealer this morning with 265/75 Cooper STs and a 2" lift. "I am in love" lol.

Gotta get those bigger tyres!!!

Hi 08Kingcab, good price on the BFG's. How do you find them overall and are they any good on the road in the wet.
Hi mate, I can only compare them to other mud tyres as I've never had any other brand of all terrains. But my experience is: no punctures, wear a tad fast at the start but then seems to slow down, I expect to get 60000k on the Nav as I got 80000on a hilux. Nice and quite, good in sand, probably better than the OEM tyres in the wet. Didn't balance up very well, I'm going to get them redone now I put 5000ks on them. Overall a good all terrain, good price and a good reputation. I'm going around OZ in July-Nov (gunbarrel, Canning Stock, Gibb River, Cape York) I can give a much better report when I get back, if you can wait that long!!
I bought them from Edgar's tyrepower in Nottinghill, Melbourne. I bought 6 so that probably helped with the price.

Thanks 08Kingcab, yeah I will definately need some before then. I was talking to a mate today who had BFG's on a Patrol and was pretty happy with them as well.

It will be a toss up between the BFG's and the Yokies. I suppose I should go the BFG's (with the compressor deal as a sweetener).

Your trip will be a doozy mate, lots of piccies and a trip report to follow no doubt, wink wink.

Fitted BFG A/T 265/75/16 the other day with factory suspension and factory bullbar, i find on full lock the tyre just hits the inside guard near the chassis rail, nothing a heat gun wont fix, also just clips the inside of the mud guard, the internal rib section, i will prob cut that out, i cant see it being a huge drama though.
2" suspension lift is next on the cards anyhow.

iv got a d40 st navara and i just fitted 265/75-16 maxxis bighorns with no clearance issues at all, havent been out on the dirt to test it yet though

Latest posts

Back