Mid 90's D21 King cab or Twin cab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McLeod

Reaction score
Hey fella's,

I'm new to the world of utes so I've got a few questions about the D21.
Firstly, how hard is it to track down a mid 90's King cab Navara? I've been searching for a little while now but nothing up for sale yet. Are they pretty rare? If I can't find one I'll go for the twin cab, they seem to be easy enough to find.
Secondly, if a D21 only has a short tub, do you need to make adjustments to fit a longer tub? That goes for both the king cab and twin.
Possibly more questions to come :p

There are a fair few King cabs out there, owners tend to hang onto them though. Same happens with TF Rodeo's, especially the 2.8TD model.

Cant help on the tray sorry.

Firstly, how hard is it to track down a mid 90's King cab Navara? I've been searching for a little while now but nothing up for sale yet. Are they pretty rare? If I can't find one I'll go for the twin cab, they seem to be easy enough to find.
Secondly, if a D21 only has a short tub, do you need to make adjustments to fit a longer tub? That goes for both the king cab and twin.
Possibly more questions to come :p

Not hard. Be patient, watch eBay, they aren't 'rare', just rarer than twin cabs. They look really good, if I didn't need the five seats I'd be in one.

The D21 has a long tub. Australia only ever got the LWB version, look on some US minitruck sites and you'll probably see the SWB 4x2 single cab. Of course though the tub is shorter on the king cab than on the single, and shorter on the twin than on the king etc... because the chassis length doesn't change, only the cab vs. tub length. You can stretch the chassis and tailshaft and fit a single cab tub to a twin or king cab, if you're so inclined, a fair bit of work though. Edit: plus you'd get a shit turning circle

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back