Replacing mirrors with Electric ones?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NiftyNev

Reaction score
I must have too much spare time on my hands and have to stop reading all these threads, I am getting too many ideas.
I am interested in fitting the electric mirrors to my rig, as everytime I passed a road train my standard mirrors needed readjusting... pain in the a*%e.
I see the blanking plate is already on the armrest on the drivers door? At least I think thats what it is for... and there is an abundance of spare wiring inside the armrest. Does this mean that they all came out with the wiring in the system already and just requires pretty much plug and play after fitting the mirrors? Or is it a fairly major exercise?

Appreciated.....

I'm sure someone last year was considering doing the same thing, no idea if they finished or even started it but it was spoken about.

When I get back at least I have the full manual on my other computer.. will have to have a look at the wiring thats installed.. and then maybe a ring around the wreckers...
I only get a few weeks back, and got a week of mod's lined up.. will have to leave some time to drive it too.... ;D
Couldn't help myself, ontop of the intercooler I am looking at, just ordered the Lokka for the front too. I have been in places that I would have got through with out the winch if I had one already. Bottomless pit these things hey? :D Least they put a smile on my face...

Now.. back to mirrors... Are all the electric ones that come out chrome plated as well? or black? And can you fit any version of the D22's on? I wouldnt mind a bit of bling I think... as long as its covered in mud as often as possible....

I believe the only ones that are electric are the ones with the chrome look plastic cover for the D40. Some one suggested the wiring for at least part of the system is installed in the RX or ST but what's in the D33 is anyone's guess since I'm not even sure if the overseas model D22 gets electric mirrors.

I'm pretty sure Scottybobcat upgraded his to electric. drop him a line, or wait and i'm sure he'll come by.

I'm pretty sure the wiring is there and you just need the mirrors & actuator.

Thanks 04, that sorta confirms that I think the wiring is all in there as part of the set up. They seem to always wire these things up for everything but then only put what they need on. I will hit up Scotty and see how he went.
Cheers guys..... just think.. if you guys werent so helpful, I wouldnt keep spending all this money on my nav with all these ideas I get from this site.. haha

Latest posts

Back