Outback Ideas Recovery Points with TJM Bashplate

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben85

Reaction score
I have my bashplate sitting in the garage ready to fit, TJM didn't seem interested in getting the recovery points in for me so I thought I'd just get them off ebay to save running round to find them. So almost a month later I'm still waiting, just lodged a dispute with paypal.

Can anyone that has these recovery points with the tjm bashplate tell me the measurments of the bits that need to be cut out to fit the recovery points on so I can bolt it on without having to wait til I track down the recovery points?

I'll be able to tell you on Saturday arvo - scottybobcat is helping me cut the plate to fit the points on Saturday - amongst some other jobs.

These are the measurements for the plate fitted to my 2006 D22.

110mm from the front of the plate.

140mm in length.

25mm deep.

Needed some 'work' to fit them as one of the nuts had been welded in off centre.

Thanks Ridgie.

What did you do about the off centre nut? one of mine looks like I'll have problems too.

Heata has fitted those recovery plates, IMO absolutely useless, virtually impossible to get at when bogged.

I have my bashplate sitting in the garage ready to fit, TJM didn't seem interested in getting the recovery points in for me so I thought I'd just get them off ebay to save running round to find them. So almost a month later I'm still waiting, just lodged a dispute with paypal.

Can anyone that has these recovery points with the tjm bashplate tell me the measurments of the bits that need to be cut out to fit the recovery points on so I can bolt it on without having to wait til I track down the recovery points?

I bet you ordered those from 4x4 warehouse on eBay? I had the same problem, after 3 weeks I lodged a dispute and they refunded my money. Useless communication too, after a week and a half I was told they weren't in stock and would be arriving shortly. You would think if an item wasn't in stock then you wouldn't list it as available! If you want to get some though, get in touch with Outback 4wd in Bayswater. $90 a set apparently.

Heata has fitted those recovery plates, IMO absolutely useless, virtually impossible to get at when bogged.

Get back in your Patrol bloke................they are better than bent holes in the bullbar. Strap up before you get bogged!

I will agree slightly - not the best location - but we do what we can!

Last edited:
I ordered mine from the same joint and they arrived about 5 days later.

TJM in Traralgon had given up trying to get more from the manufacturer because he wasn't answering calls or e-mails.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back