Highest licence grade?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your highest licence classification?

• Motorcycle

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Car

Votes: 44 57.1%
  • Light Rigid

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Medium Rigid

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Heavy Rigid

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Heavy Combination

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Multi-Combination

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • CAMS and ANDRA

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

Dion

Reaction score
I'm going for my MR when I get back to Melbourne. What's your highest licence grade?

Last edited:
Class C only for me, wouldn't mind getting my HR licence though. Then go to a HC later on.

Dave.

MR,if i had my time again i would go higher first time up.Too expensive to go step by step if you go through a training school.You should go at least HR. Thats my opinion.

MR,if i had my time again i would go higher first time up.Too expensive to go step by step if you go through a training school.You should go at least HR. Thats my opinion.

I agree whole-heartedly with the notion but I'm impatient and MR's as high as I'm allowed to go this year. You can go to HC after a year of MR anyway so I think it's actually cheaper (in Victoria at least) to go C to MR to HC to MC? Rather than via the more expensive HR.

Hmmm,been a couple of years since i did it i think i was told i could do HR with a full c licence.Could be wrong.

Hmmm,been a couple of years since i did it i think i was told i could do HR with a full c licence.Could be wrong.

You're not wrong, you can, but I haven't had a C licence for 24 months yet so I'd have to wait till September this year to do it... The point is though, if your ultimate aim is MC, the cheapest route is via MR rather than HR.

If your ultimate aim was HR, doing that straight off the bat is cheaper.

I want to get graduate work with a truck manufacturer when I finish Auto Eng, so an MC is an obvious thing to acquire to look like you're interested.

You're not wrong, you can, but I haven't had a C licence for 24 months yet so I'd have to wait till September this year to do it... The point is though, if your ultimate aim is MC, the cheapest route is via MR rather than HR.

If your ultimate aim was HR, doing that straight off the bat is cheaper.

I want to get graduate work with a truck manufacturer when I finish Auto Eng, so an MC is an obvious thing to acquire to look like you're interested.

No worries:top:
Make sure you bring a warm jacket.Bloody cold down here at the momment.
:big_smile:

Hey Tommy, what did you use your cams licence for? I almost got my andra licence last year, I was mucking around a bit at the bike meets at the drags and was offered a ride on one of the modified bike drag bikes. They wouldnt let me ride it on a day licence though because it was capable of quicker than 9.99 sec.

I had a cams licence for my supersport bike too.

Also got:
Car
Open motorcycle
forklift
boomlift
boat

mmm, you missed mine out,
CAMS licence! (Confederation of Australian Motor Sport)

Argh, boo. I think I have to be a mod to add CAMS and ANDRA. To add those didn't occur to me at all! Shonky, Dave, help?

Thanks for the warning Navarian, I love the cold so I can't wait to get back into it (with a jacket). Driving down on Monday.

Hey Tommy, what did you use your cams licence for? I almost got my andra licence last year, I was mucking around a bit at the bike meets at the drags and was offered a ride on one of the modified bike drag bikes. They wouldnt let me ride it on a day licence though because it was capable of quicker than 9.99 sec.

Cams licence for track use. Was tuning a few slightly quick cars. So instead of tuning on the street, used track days to tune customers cars. Best car was prob a worked LS2 converted RX7. LS2 only weights about 40kgs more than the factory rotor. With over 600hp of v8 grunt and 1000kg car with 50/50 weight distribution = mega scary fun:dong:

Have done a few drag days with customers and their cars. Got asked to leave a few times and come back after your fitted a cage.:no:

Booked a HR Non-Syncromesh for 12th October.

I realised that it's almost 24 months since I got a licence, so might as well skip MR and HC on the way to MC, and save some time/dough.

Back