Chipit chips what tune?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westy350

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just got a Chipit chip and was wondering what tune people are using and why? I'm currently on tune 4 which i was told is the average tune seems to make the vehicle heaps better to drive town havn't done a economy check yet tho.

Westy as you know we drive the same series 3 ute. I got Justin to write some really wild tunes for me and email them. So I now have the tunes that came with the CD plus a complete set of wild ones. I can't help myself so I drive everyday with Custom 2 tune loaded from the Wild folder. :big_smile:

i think there is another section on this topic..serch chipit and it should come up. from emmory they are running folder 5 tune 2 or something. i will be getting my chipit chip soon and working my way through them. also getting the switch that lets me go between 2 tunes on the fly. 1 for the wife and 1 for me (mild to wild)

I did have a look mate but i couldn't find anything on the d40 seems to be all the d22 lads with the chipit chips. Bosshog you wouldn't mind forwarding on that email would you?

The best and safest bet would be to have it run on the dyno and measure the boost and AFR.
Each car is different, and each is used for different purposes... so what works for one owner will not for another.
For the $100-200 you would be charged for a dyno run with full data print outs its not worth the risk of just throwing a map in there to try it.

The best and safest bet would be to have it run on the dyno and measure the boost and AFR.
Each car is different, and each is used for different purposes... so what works for one owner will not for another.
For the $100-200 you would be charged for a dyno run with full data print outs its not worth the risk of just throwing a map in there to try it.

Agreed and that's just what I did. I got all the tunes tested and as reported in the other thread on 3' exhausts and low RPMs I have got to the point where I have run out air. Further increases can only be gained by a bigger intercooler.

I have also installed Chip It's EGT safety override - should temps get too hot the chip is turned off automatically but that has never happened.

Back