D21 Overheating issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navman1234

Reaction score
Hi, Does anyone have any suggetions on how to fix my tacho, it jumps around as I drive and then dies and then jumps around again even at idle it does this.

Any suggestions

Thanks matt

Last edited:
What engine mate? Petrol or diesel, which model? The tachos in different models all work in different ways. Need to know model name of engine as well as pterol/diesel.

Mine did that when the wire to the engine speed sensor was breaking around the alternator area... Then it broke completely.

Am I the only person to wonder why this post is titled "D21 Heating Issue" instead of "D21 Tacho issue"? Or am I missing something?

Hi dion thanks for that I will check the wiring tomorrow, ajcmbrown the reason why that is the heading is beacause originally I was going to ask something about the heating of my vehicle however I have changed the title on a few occasions but it still reverts back to this.

Hi Dave, Navman1234 has suggested that the forum is not working as it should,
Quote "ajcmbrown the reason why that is the heading is beacause originally I was going to ask something about the heating of my vehicle however I have changed the title on a few occasions but it still reverts back to this."

If so then as I said, it may be an issue for the Moderators to look into.

"What do you want the title to say ?"
Personally I dont care what the title is, just as long as it makes sense and is relevant to the content, since a lot of questions on forums are answered with "try the search function" or something similar, it just makes it that much harder for the noobs and it plainly doesn't make sense.

Regards, Tony Brown.

Once you have done the thread title and started the thread, only a Mod can change the thread name.

No idea why, but thats how it works.

Its a bugger how a broken tacho cable can cause the engine to start overheating sometimes. poor design on Nissans part, i say.

Latest posts

Back