140kw with chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daza

Reaction score
Had a look around on the forum for threads on the 140kw engines with chip and exhaust power figures and couldnt find anything,

Has anyone got any info on power gains on the 140kw engine once a chip and/or exhaust has been fitted, dyno results etc?

Thanks

I could get some dyno graphs posted up near the end of next week for you.
I did throw an exhaust and injector+pressure plugin chip on our intercooler test vehicle after I was done on the intercooler testing.

Found the results pretty average to be honest as the motor is already tuned up higher than the previous version.
Boost is already at 24psi - fueling is around 17:1 at full throttle.

That would be great thanks.. Just trying to figure out where to spend some money come tax time..

24psi!! Is that standard boost on the latest engine?

That would be great thanks.. Just trying to figure out where to spend some money come tax time..

24psi!! Is that standard boost on the latest engine?

Lol yes unfortunately. Considering all the other vehicles in the Navara class run 15-17PSI... Thats why the Niss is moving to the Renault V6, it just has no more development left in the YD series motor. Toyota will get another 5-6 Years out of its current gen motor before moving on for example.

The money would be well spent on an intercooler. I have made a post already regarding the 147kw upgrade I do and why I do it (with the temp graphs posted).

After or with that, I would recommend an exhaust.... And thats it to be honest, if you are keen on keeping the motor alive for a decent amount of time.
OR, if you dont care about engine longevity or smoke, you could throw a chip on there to.

Ahhh yep just had a proper look at the graphs and noticed the boost pressure.. Pretty awesome temp drops there.. Anyone with a new manual had the mod done through you guys??

I think I'd like to get the exhaust done first then the intercooler a bit later.

What sort of price am I looking at for an exhaust system through northside?

Thanks for the advise.. Glad I joined the forum have learnt a great deal.. It's good to be able to read about what's good and what people have found to be not so good on here..

The exhaust system is no different to the older style.
I have not tested 3" systems on the 140kw motor, but I have done testing on the older motors between 2.5-3" systems on a car running around 130kw atw.

Made zip all difference, so I have used that info and stuck with selling 2.5" mainly or 3" if requested on these models to.
Give us a call or shoot us an email for pricing mate :)

Latest posts

Back