Help with sliders

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphabet

Reaction score
My mate and i decided to take on the task of making our own sliders... i will tell you now it is alot cheaper than buying them but i wasnt expecting them to be so time consuming either. Im trying to decide wether to put the standard double bar or just stick to what i have now. The bar is sitting level with the seam that runs along under your door protecting the bottom sill of the body from underneath but do i attach the supports and outer bar... is it necessary or does it just act as a step? :idea:I have considered donating the metal to a better cause and ordering a set off scottybobcat!

Attachments

• 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 125
Depends on what your trying to achieve, if you want to hilift then they need to come out far enough to clear the bulge of the door and you would need to gusset up your mounts more to allow for the extra leverage.

If all your just wanting to do is protect the sill then what you've done is probably adequate.

I have been surfing the net for pictures or designs....found a few but not on navs.Does anybody have photos of there sliders or better still custom ones they have made up?

Last edited:
my bro-inlaw made some up for a GQ,it took him 1 day to make 1 set..cost is $180 for a set...materials only and his own time..

So far it's cost me $150... If I extended them out it will probably cost another $50 it would also help if I paid more attention in metal class 18 years ago!

I searched around today for more examples and am wondering if we have gone over board with the bracing on the angle. We put it there as that is probably the spot that will get hit the most..? I am now looking at using some round pipe work for the outside bar. I want them to be strong but not overboard....help is needed?

Latest posts

Back