Can someone explain why?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphabet

Reaction score
I have had my 2" suspension lift for a few months now.... I had left the 10mm gap between the bump stops, pretty much standard throughout this forum. I figured 3 months to settle or sag would be enough but yesterday I got my new 265/75/16 with my new kings rims and the 10mm gap is gone,now there is none! Going from a 70 profile to a 75 profile should have not changed this... Should it? Or has my torsion bars been tampered with?:rant:

according to nissan the specs are 20mm gap between bump stop and control arm , mine has just been adjusted under wtty as the clowns didnt adjust it when steel bar was fitted from new

tires won't change it.

possibly just suspension settled. most likely due to having wheels jacked up during tire changing. especially if you had adjusted torsions with wheels still on the ground, the wheels may have not pulled in due to the weight on them. guessing you have not been a rough/slippery ground to allow them to settle in.
just readjust them, but this time jack the wheels off the ground to allow them to move when you adjust the torsions.

Thanks for the quick response guys I will be cranking the back today and getting another wheel alignment. As I understand from previous threads a 10mm gap is still sufficient even though it is not factory standards?( which this nav left behind long ago!)

Yeah a 10-15mm gap still gives u a reasonable ride.

P9050003.jpg

Weight distribution will also affect the front height. If you put lots of weight behind the rear axle,(ie towing) the front has a tendancy to lift.

Back