oil light flashing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrlskr

Reaction score
can someone please tell me why my oil pressure light is flashing, just changed oil and filter penrite oil 0w40 enviro with a ryco oil filter guessing its got something to do with the filter, plently of oil in it.:cheers!:

oil pump failure......... kabooooooom!

Probably just a sensor fault. Not sure how to test the oil pressure, but I'm sure one of the smarts on here will help you out.

It happened to me shortly after a service (like within 10ks) apparently the oil level must be exact or it triggers the sender.

+1. Recheck the oil level exactly as described in the manual. If it's overfull, it will cause trouble - and you'll probably wear most of it inside your intercooler unless you have a catch can fitted.

you guys wont believe it, it was a rather stupid fix lol, after u change oil & filter and start the car up to let the oil flow through the filter etc and re-check you must have the drivers door open whilst doing it, cant be expalined as to why it did it but mate at nissan has seen it a few times on navara d40's really wierd doesnt happen to all navaras though.

you guys wont believe it, it was a rather stupid fix lol, after u change oil & filter and start the car up to let the oil flow through the filter etc and re-check you must have the drivers door open whilst doing it, cant be expalined as to why it did it but mate at nissan has seen it a few times on navara d40's really wierd doesnt happen to all navaras though.

Correct I do not believe it.

Consider yourself lucky. At least you don't have to have a blonde patting your tail lights to make the wipers work like in mine.

Wait, I've gotta run. I just saw a yeti.

Actually Nissan could be onto something, the two times my lo oil warning has come on the dash my doors were shut, usually I drive around with them open but on those two occasions they were definitely shut. Thanks Mr Nissan!

To debunk that one, I have had it come on with a change done with the door open in my R51 Pathfinder. Usually seems to be just a temporary bubble on the sensor, or if you turn the ignition on while the level is low when filling it with oil it trips and latches the alarm even if you then top it up to the right level. Dropping the battery off for a few seconds has been the fix for me (As I lack a scangauge or similar to reset it that way)

Of course it doesn't work in a Pathy, it's the fuel lid that operates the switch in the expensive model.

WTF.

Do Nissan put Gremlins in D40's when there being built ?

No the gremlins are farmed out to the dealerships and come up with the hair brained ideas on how to fix things.

these so called cars are a piece of crud would never buy one again, i had a t/d prado and never encounted any problems had it for several years absolutly no problems, thought id upgrade to a new navara always liked the look of them boy what a mistake, this thing i rubbish will be selling it very soon

I think you'll find that any vehicle - like many other items - could have issues. That your vehicle has had a small problem with the oil light doesn't mean that Navaras across the board are bad vehicles.

The driver's door can't be related to the solution - that will be coincidence. The driver's door switch is a normally-closed (ie when the door is open, the switch is ON) ground-feed to pin 15 of the car's BCM (Body Control Module) which is located inside the dash. Refer p21 of BL.PDF (the D40 manual). The BCM does NOT report this activity back to the ECU - it does report it to the instrument panel (p27/192 of LAN.pdf).

Thus Bosshog's skepticism is well-grounded. I call it coincidence, because there's no relationship between the engine control module (ECM) in the engine bay and the body control module (inside the cabin) apart from they're getting power from the same battery and ultimately reporting certain things to the ECU (the master computer). The BCM and ECM units are independent of each other and for this reason, your door switch and oil lamp are unrelated.

Personally I'd never own a Toyota. Their recent recall issues don't do a lot for their reputation, and chewing through more fuel than a Navara uses isn't a good look either - especially since they have less power. If you had one of those Toyotas you'd be saying differently about them - and possibly looking in THIS direction.

It does come down - a lot of the time - to personal taste.

What really scares me is if the oil light comes on while I'm driving down the highway, opening the door could be dangerous. I have to agree atleast Toyota's don't have such stupid methods of clearing and reporting errors, mind you that Playdo's go a lot of places with their doors open when you want them too.

As Tony says any vehicle can have problems and most do from time to time (expect of course those super D22's) and saying all of them are crap is like saying all guys who ride motorbikes are crap because of the idiot you saw doing burnouts last week. I'm not Toyota bias, I drive a Playdo and Hilux quite often around the farms and the Playdo is great for limo farm rides, recalls aren't a major issue, fuel is like anything treat it right and it treats you right and they are bloody tough. But that doesn't mean a Nav (even a D40) can't do the same thing.

I understand you're p'd but really are you p'd totally over the car or are you just a wee bit p'd that you have believed a story like holding the door open removes problems?

i realise that opening a door seems silly but im serious did it myself, i even googled it and would you believe its on there, been a mechanic for a very long time never come across any such a problem in my time.

Really not liking the problems im having with this car, stuip cracking noise's from steering that come and go, squeeky bushes, high fuel consumption, the length of it as far as parking it goes-everything is a three point turn, dusty brakes, rattles from engine its only done 45k serviced every 5k extremely well maintained. in the time i had a prado no problems apart from your normal servicing when i traded it in it had clocked just over 386k cant see this thing getting that far, people reporting t/chain failure as low as 40k, as for the power agreed this has more but its also 7 years newer than my prado was but the prado never let me down once! like i said will be selling it very soon!

also anything warranty nissan dont want to know about it or make some bull shit excuse as to why they wont cover it bunch of useless cocks!

can someone explain why the light wouldnt go out? and then can someone can explain as to why the light went straight out after i opened the door?

Time frame, both times I've see the oil light and lo Oil words on the dash they only lasted 30 seconds or so.

But hey if you want to believe the door is connected to the oil light then that's entirely up to you, there is just as silly if not sillier rumours floating around the net that have gained a huge following by having one person convinced there right and starting a forum.

Latest posts

Back