Tough Dog Suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheresnev

Reaction score
Hi,this is my first post. I have been looking around for a 50mm suspension lift kit for my 2009 D40 dual cab & have come across this Tough Dog kit on Ebay

Nissan Navara D40 Tough Dog Suspension 40mm Lift Kit (eBay item 180645742845 end time 07-Apr-11 14:50:36 AEST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

Would this be better than buying Ironman, Dobinson or Bluemax as the Ebay price seem good, I'm fairly good mechanical got spring compressers ect so I was going to have a go at putting them on my self or would that not be recommened or any tips to install would be great .

Thanks in advance for any replies

Regards Neville

Hi wheresnev,

That looks like a decent deal, i have a similar system but with the adjustable shocks and larger 300 constant load rear springs.

The kit is very easy to install and you don't need a spring compressor. As you can fit into place and lower the car onto them. The only other little mod it the rear locator knobs have to be ground off at the front mount for the rear leaf springs.

All up i think it took me around 4hrs to fit

i had dobinsons in my d40 and have since installed tough dog in the car as dobinsins sagged pretty bad. i love the tough dogs as i get more clearance now. from centre of centre cap to wheel arch in the front i am getting 575mm, 20mm higher than the dobinsons. hope this answers your questions.

Latest posts

Back