Safari snorkel noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JUICED

Reaction score
hey
has anyone else got a safari snorkel on their ute?

how noisy is it?

i find mine realy noisy.......

Mine sounds like deep breathing when driving normally, and droans a little bit when its really under load off road. You can most certainly hear it.

The winner is the snorkel owner who can get theirs to sound like a cold air intake LS3 on manifold vacuum spikes.

PHOUMM!!

Heard a few GQ drivers say before there restrictive.

Thats why I got the Airtec.

Dave.

Mine sounds like deep breathing when driving normally, and droans a little bit when its really under load off road. You can most certainly hear it.

I have a Nissan Snorkel and mine droans at 1600-1800 RPM. The Dealer's Workshop Foreman told me the noise mine makes is quiet compared to others he's heard.

yea mines noisy when boost comes on.

definately not restrictive, but brings the engine noise all the way up to the door.

alot noisier than i thought it would be

under load it growles heaps.

works good though

I was looking into getting one this afternoon ( a snorkel that is) and the guys at the shop said that I would most certainly hear it. I guess this is normal for the navara.

Oi Juiced, got a pic of your Rallye 4000's. Thinking of getting some for the sports bar, just gotta make up a retractable bar to fold them down when I dont wanna use em.

Dave.

My genuine snorkel is bloody noisy, I actually thought there was a problem with it as my patrol doesn't make anywhere near that amount of noise. Just goes to show how much air these things suck.

You've only got to put your hand over the end of it at idle to see how much air they suck in, they must be a hell of a lot at high RPM!

I started calling my Navara Darth Vader after having a snorkel fitted. Trouble is it's white.

Back