Duck Creek Rd

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphabet

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has been up Duck Creek Rd through to Oreilly's National Park recently? I am looking at going in the next week or and have heard the track was closed with flood damage. I have tried the derm number but the ranger is always out. Hoping some of you gold coast or south brissy guys have seen it recently? :cheers!:

Was up there yesterday and wanted to go down but it was closed. Looked pretty soggy though.I wanted to try the new truck but dont know how difficult it is and probably just as well because we were on our own.

I'm planning on doing a trip shortly with my brother once I get my muddies. Last time I went was prob 6 months ago and was really nice.

I was also up there about 6 months ago and it was very soggy up the top.
With all the rain they have had in the last few months, the creek crossing at the bottom could be a bit washed out and the steep section of the track will probably be heavily rutted.
Usually when it's dry the main track is straight forward, I haven't done any of the side tracks I just use it as a short cut to O'Rielly's.

From the reports I understand it is a easy drive and when it's at it's best it can be done in a moke, I found a you tube vid filmed in feb and it's ruttered out, got a few good side tracks and a few creek crossings... Were going on the 28th of may so hopefully it's open.

hey mate a guy from work went up there yesterday and said it was fine , now he has a stock 2010 sr5 hilux and babys his car , so if he thinks its fine then it must be haha :)

I'm going for a drive on Saturday up duck creek rd... Has anyone been up recently. I've been told not to go up when it's wet.... How much rain is that... Surely a few showers won't make it that slippery?

I'd love to go up there, went up last around 15 years ago! I got on to the parks site last week and they said it was still closed, (thats gotta be crap), and when I was at O'Reillys a couple of months ago they still had the road closed sign across it.

Wouldn't mind having a look tomorrow as well.

Edit: Just saw on the landrover forum it was open 2nd May, so should be ok.

Last edited:
I spoke to the tourist info for the area today and they say it's open... Apparently it only needs a bit of rain and it's slippery. I'm leaving the sunny coast at about 7 so I should be at the start of the track at 8-30ish.... Let me know if you decide to go... Might see you there!

I will SMS when were close, my number is 0404 029 012 ( Anthony) we are heading up, doing the tree walk and anything else that might be interesting and then heading to the goldy for the night... Hopefully the weather is nice.

Ok, Sounds good Anthony. I'll be on my own as the girls have been busy all week doing school performances etc, and had a late school concert tonight, so they all want to sleep in Sat morning. :big_smile:

I'll probably have to skip the tree top walk, but might venture up to O'reillys for a peek, then head home.

May be a little later than expected. Probably won't be there until 9:30 hopefully earlier but our travel time was poorly judged( my fault)

Awesome day today... Didn't use 4wd but definately rougher than what I thought. Good to meet ray and put a face to the name.

Definately not... Tracks were alot nicer but the scenery was unbelievable. I will post up some shots tomorrow.

Yep, was a good run, good to meet Anthony, Scott and the girls!

Will put a few piccies up tomorrow, plus some video. Taking video part on my own was fun, steer, hold the camera, change gear and use the handheld uhf at the same time, thought some of those trees were coming a bit close :big_smile:

That would be awesome ray... My photo's seem to cause a clash with the forum. Are you still thinking of doing the cooloola run?

Latest posts

Back