G'Day From MAP

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAP

Reaction score
Hi folks
Very new to the forum scene but already found heaps of help and info (thanks Dave_STR) Drive a bog standard 2005 3.0 STR, getting ready for a big trip so it won't be standard for too much longer. Mechanic by trade so will be looking to help others where possible.
Catch ya

Hey mate, I will send that thing tonight.

A mechanic, you shouldn't say that to loud with Kickars2 and Josh around.

They have a tendency to find the operational limits of parts.

Dave.

Hi Navarian
Leave Mandurah (South of Perth) follow the West Coast up to Exmouth, via all the ocean sites, around the Pilbara (Tom Price, Paraburdoo, Newman) Marble Bar, Port Headland, Broome, Derby, Gibb River Road, Kununarra, Darwin, Katherine, Alice, Uluru, Coober Pedy, Port Augusta, Nullabor, Kalgoorlie, back home to Mandurah. Allowing 14-20 weeks, camping pulling a trailer, just me and the missus.

Hi Dave
Thanks for the help, looking forward to the goods.
Worked for many years with Mercedes-Benz in various technical roles, one of which was warranty examination inspecting failed major components, engine, axle, g/box, turbo's, (mainly cuased by abuse) writing reports and developing technical solutions to ongoing problems for production solutions, many years of good happy times. Now semi retired (47) kicking back and seeing some of your beautiful country (I'm an ex POM..... LOL) anyway, always up for helping out where possible.

ahhh soo your preety good with failure analysis hey i have done a little of that at work myself. read about joshys d22 hes got some good failures. hahaha. trip sounds great and definately a nice break.

I haven't dealt with any Mercedes diesels, worked on a Volvo truck a few years ago. Was surprised how basic the Euro diesels were after seeing BMW diesels.

About the same time I got the oportunity to work on a V16 screaming Jimmy that got rebuilt and blew a blower and turbo on first start up. That was cool.

The mines installed the motor after it had been rebuilt and it failed. So they scrapped it and we got to pull it down and see what caused the issue.

An exhaust valve was left in the manifold and went throught a turbo and blew the guts out it and one of the paddles on one of the blowers blew and caused the blower to lock up.

Good to inspect and see what fails.

Since your a Pom, check out Nissan Navara Forum and Blog aswell. Its a UK based forum, there more into bling but if you wanna remember the UK check it out aswell.

Anyways enjoy your stay.

Dave.

Hi Navarian
Leave Mandurah (South of Perth) follow the West Coast up to Exmouth, via all the ocean sites, around the Pilbara (Tom Price, Paraburdoo, Newman) Marble Bar, Port Headland, Broome, Derby, Gibb River Road, Kununarra, Darwin, Katherine, Alice, Uluru, Coober Pedy, Port Augusta, Nullabor, Kalgoorlie, back home to Mandurah. Allowing 14-20 weeks, camping pulling a trailer, just me and the missus.

Sounds great.:top:

Thanks for the welcome Brisbanite.
Hope to pick up some good tips and maybe be of use to some of the members. Currently in the process of kitting myself out for the trip as posted to Navarian. Apart from the factory alloy bull-bar, side steps, hard top tray cover, tray tub, alloy's, tint's, central locking, spotties, and CD stacker, also looking to retrofit Safari snorkel, triple battery system (National Luna), Waeco RAPS system (to go with the new 50Ltr Waeco) UHF & aerial, rear seat removal and storage conversion, possbile recaro seat replacement (driver and passenger), winch, shower, and most importantly of all......a damn warning device to let me know i left the headlamps on!!
Lot's to do to get it to get to where i want it to be.

Hi Matt 76
Planning to take piccies and keep a diary and hopefully will be able to post a series of reports whilst out and about, all depends of signal coverage and the time I guess. Will also try to post updates of conversion the the old girl (Navara - not the wife) and will no doubt have a few questions to ask.

Don't really wanna go backwards mate, I'd rather be checking out and exploring the opportunites here, it's bad enough having committed to going back to the old country for a visit in August!! Screaming Jimmy eh? Spent a few sleepless nights out on the rigs in the North Sea dealing with the industrial side of life in my hey day, that and donkey engines on cranes are a nightmare. Nice to just be able to tinker and not be under any pressure, seem to have more inspiration and able to get more done for some reason!! Got your Pm post, thanks for the help once again.

Back