Front Speakers cutting in and out!!! 2006 D40 STX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biscuits

Ginger Ninja.
Reaction score
Anyone had this problem before? If so was it something obvious??

I really don't want to be chasing cables anymore. Just had the dash apart and it wasn't any obvious plugs loose. Gave every cable i could find in the speaker path a wiggle with radio on and nothing.

It's not the speakers as it cuts in and out at it's own leisure....

Could be the head unit, but doubtful.

God dam it! it's annoying. I do enough fault finding at work

Any thoughts.

Funny that, in recent times my left front and my right rear seem to come on and off every so often, I thought I blew my speakers but checked it out the next day and they're all working again....weird. I have an 08 ST-X, I haven't bothered searching for anything yet, anybody else had this prob?

Don't know if the D40's are like the d22's but my standard head unit/ speakers were doing the same sort of thing. Being real annoying and cutting in and out when it wanted. So I just replaced it with some new gear and I have had no problems since

Speakers on its way out id say. My left hand speaker did the same and then just stopped. Replace both of them with pioneers. Tried the stuffed one on the opposite side when i pulled them out and it still didn't work. Used the same speaker wires for the new ones and they work great. Think they just cut in and out right before they stop all together.

My front right speaker failed after a year.

Out the came and into the bin.

Aftermarket speakers are better anyway.

Hey mate.
Did a quick search and found - "6"x9" in front doors and 6" round in rear

Should have asked though, is it just one speaker cutting in and out like ours? or every speaker cutting in and out?

If every speaker is doing it, may well not be your speakers.

It is only front door speakers. Rear speakers are fine. Dash speakers/tweeters are fine.

Just seems to be limited 6x9's in both doors. It's hard to believe it is wiring, as the wiring is shared by dash speakers right up until cabling splits off to go to doors.

Going to find a test speaker somewhere are check if my door speakers are the prob.

Just a little odd to me that 2 speakers develop the same problem at the same time? Makes me think it is a common factor not the speakers themselves.

Would seem odd to me too, I'd be rechecking the plugs, not unheard of for one or two to make a bad connection and even wriggling them makes no difference. I don't remember if the D40 speakers have a common earth for any of them but it could be something that simple. Otherwise you could be looking at the head unit being the issue, cold solder joints happen in all sorts of electrical items and one bad joint could do exactly what your suggesting.

mine were doing the same thing mate, the left one wouldn't work one day then the right and then they both wouldn't work. The left one did die probably a week before the other

I thought head unit too krafty. But accding to the wiring diagram in eManual the front 4 speakers share cabling right up until they split at doors. The dash speakers work and never cut out.

I have unplugged every plug i could find in the circuit, cleaned and reconnected. So i guess today will be speaker testing.

Will update after speaker test.

Have you confirmed the cabling visually? I have found a few major differences in the manual to what's in the car in the few jobs I have done.

If you've done all the cabling tests then it still seems more likely to be one common factor than two speakers but who knows weirder things have happened. Speaker test seems like the next logical test though.

Standard stackers changed about 08 I believe so there is likely to be two different ratings. I remember seeing it on the sticker when I had mine out but I don't remember what it was. Try ebay never know someone selling one might lists it's specs.

Ok. New speakers are in. Only broke a few things...

5 or 6 clips that hold door skin on, a clip on the passenger window control, my spirits....

But i have sound now, so there is that i guess.

old post i know but what did u do with the original speaker plug?

mine has the 2 wires PURPLE AND GREEN going to plug. i guess u strip and fit 2 small plugs to fit new??

Back