Licence points

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got a notification in the mail yesterday to say I have lost 7 points in total off my licence. I look at the dates and think back and one of the infringements was when my ex was driving the truck .
I bring this to the attention of the RTA and they say basically its been paid we dont care who was driving and who cares if its 3 points off my licence.I asked when do they notify anyone when you loose points. They reply when they get 6 points. I said well according to the form they sent me that would have been 18 months ago . They said ok so we notify you after your over 6 points.Useless bunch of retards. They said I would have received a fine payment request. I said not if the ex had got it first from the letter box.I said so basically even though I can prove that I was flying into Canberra at the time of the fine and therefore can not be guilty of the fine that there is nothing I can do.
I ring the cops and ask if its actually legal to let someone else take the points for your infringement. They say no thatd Fraud
I explain the situation and they say yes tough call but nothing really can be done.
Now for the kicker
The ex works for the AFP and she told me that she had had that fine "Fixed" at work.
The worst part is the lost points lasts for 3 years so 1 speeding fine on a long weekend and my licence is gone .
Can see this getting nasty me thinks

Well at the time of the infringement I was on a plane so can prove without any doubt what so ever that it definately wasnt me driving .
I dont care about it really I just want the points back on my licence seeing for once I am actually in the right.
Its the principle type deal

Thats the thing, goverment agencies are full of idiots.

To get your points back, your going to have to go to court to prove you weren't in the wrong Id say.

Good luck.

Yeah I fear it will come down to that but then comes into play the fact that someone will be paying court costs and it wont be this little black dusk as I cant see why I shloud pay a cent to prove innocence. thats where it goes bad as its the kids mum that will be the "other party" but hey if I loose my licence I loose my job and then would be the house so not like its easy either way.
Shame how it cant all be fixed with a stat dec

Aussie

not sure of what the system is currently - but when you'r points are up, do you automattically loose your license, or do you have to show cause why you should NOT loose your license.

If the system is still the later, then you have an opportunity to state your facts and that is when you can proove that it was not driving and that when it was finally brought to your attention you tried to do something about it, but no-one would listen to you (ie, write it up in your work diary big time, calls to whom, time of day, what was said back to you etc etc). It might just help you if the shit every hits the fan.

at least i hope that will be the case.

in the mean time, right a letter to the roads authority, send a copy of the current letter, send a copy of the flght documents, and insist that the points are transferred to your EX wife who is the only other person who had access to the car at the time. Then, if it gets to court, at least you can prove that you have tried to get it fixed.

Couldn't hurt.

My UHF has saved me from many a speeding fine.

Thank you channel 40 and the truck drivers on it.

I'm driving a lot more like KRAFTY now ... about 5 to 10 km below the speed limit. So i dont need to listen to a lot of the crap thats on chan 40 here in melbourne - but the lower speed really helps with the fuel ecconomy. So thats a double win - No fines, and use less fuel.

I'm driving a lot more like KRAFTY now ... about 5 to 10 km below the speed limit. So i dont need to listen to a lot of the crap thats on chan 40 here in melbourne - but the lower speed really helps with the fuel ecconomy. So thats a double win - No fines, and use less fuel.

So your hitting 65km/h on the freeway now ?

Dave - you really need to come to melbourne and drive the MONASH FREEWAY (parkinglot).

65km/hr would be considered SPEEDING by some people.

Our system is non user friendly.You can only appeal a fine before you pay it. Once paid its a done deal and your stuck with it apparently.
Once your points are up you can go on 12 months probation or suffer the no licence.Like everything in the ACT its pubic servants running the show.

Depends on how well you get on with the ex, You could always complain to internal affairs about her character and obviously lying on a legal document. Maybe you could tell her to fix it now properly

The ex works for the AFP and she told me that she had had that fine "Fixed" at work.

AFP has no power over NSW RTA licences. That part should have been obvious.

All you can really do is write in and say that it has just come to you attention and advise them that the driver of the vehicle was your ex. wouldn't hurt to include suporting doco.

If you don't get anywhere, try your local member.

I'm driving a lot more like KRAFTY now

Stop picking on the old fart driving habits or I'll smack you round the head with my walking cane.

Had a mate in a similar situation several years ago, the fight was annoying and time consuming however despite the fine being paid with his own CC he was able to prove undeniably that it wasn't him driving and the judge ruled in favour, no costs and all points from the offense reinstated. That was in Vic and the rules and judges might be different (although not always in a good way) but if you've got the proof you should get out of it with only a cost in your time not your pocket.

Depends on how well you get on with the ex, You could always complain to internal affairs about her character and obviously lying on a legal document. Maybe you could tell her to fix it now properly

yeah,dob her inn,shes your ex so who gives a toss.
they all think they are smarter then everyone else..:rock:

Latest posts

Back