EGR blank template.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren6645

Reaction score
06 navara euro 3 m/t

Hi going to block egr tube at egr v/v end does anyone have a template for this or any blanks for sale? There are some blanks on ebay uk but these are manifold end different shape and other side looks easier to get to.
Is it standard practice to re-fit with a gasket either side of blank?
Cheers.

when you pull it out just use the gasket as a template then put it back together with the gasket on the intake manifold side and use some sensor safe gasket sealant on the exhaust end

Thanks for that.

That is an option but I will have to get the stainless cut out at work so I was really hoping to have one pre cut to put straight in, hence the template.
If all else fails may have to do it this way.

Cheers.

cant pull it out at work? i did mine at the intake manifold end and made the plate up straight away and once all done it was only like 20mins, should only take a few minutes to pull out and chuck back in after work before drive home?

I bought one for ten bucks from egay - stainless steel 2mm - Could have made it myself, but im time poor at the moment

I am pretty sure the YD25 uses the same as 1 of the ZD30 plates. You just need 2 the same.

The ones I have found on Ebay UK are listed to fit ZD30 so looks like you are correct but these are the manifold end. The EGR end is different shape but easier to get to, just being lazy I suppose but don't like doing things the hard way!

Which manifold ?

The exhaust side on the ZD30 is different. TD27's run the same as the YD25's and the intake side on the ZD30.

When I say manifold I am relating to the end of the EGR tube that connects to the exhaust manifold. The other end connects to the EGR volume control valve body. Gaskets are different shapes.

I think Chipit sells them?

I made mine from a SS Bore water sign, get easy 35-40km a tank more now

Nice 1, did you blank both ends or just the one?

Unfortunately mate I'm in the UK, I did live in NZ for a while but thats another story. :sad:
I see chipit is based in WA, but thanks anyway.

Cheers.

I blanked both ends on mine..that way it doesnt need any type of sealant. The plates just seal against the existing gaskets.. This makes it easier to remove if i run into a drama and have to take it to the dealer ( lease vehicle) .By blocking both ends it will stop shit getting it there aswell..

I blanked both ends on mine..that way it doesnt need any type of sealant. The plates just seal against the existing gaskets.. This makes it easier to remove if i run into a drama and have to take it to the dealer ( lease vehicle) .By blocking both ends it will stop shit getting it there aswell..

Thanks mate, thats the way I saw it. Struggling to get a blank for egr end or template so I can pre make one before pulling it to bits.

Thanks mate, thats the way I saw it. Struggling to get a blank for egr end or template so I can pre make one before pulling it to bits.

You're in luck. Print it out and just conveniently forget to cut the big hole!

Oh, don't forget to use Permatex Sensor-Safe Ultra-Blue gasket cement. Costs about $17 at SuperCheap.

Attachments

• D40 EGR Gasket.pdf
    42.4 KB · Views: 195
You're in luck. Print it out and just conveniently forget to cut the big hole!

Oh, don't forget to use Permatex Sensor-Safe Ultra-Blue gasket cement. Costs about $17 at SuperCheap.

Thanks for that unfortunately thats a euro 4 model and mine is euro 3 but will pass it on to anyone that needs. Has anyone got a euro 3 egr valve to egr tube gasket template please.
Thanks again mate.

Gents, did it. Out of the dual tanks I got an extra 150k's ! Unbelievable I know..... geez but what a difference......

Latest posts

Back