Front spring over shocks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R31_IceMan

Reaction score
Back in 08 when I got my Nav I was searching for lift options. I remember stumbling onto a web page from South Africa where a company made rebuildable shocks which had a spring over as a helper. Just wondering if anyone has found this company because I'm interested again due to my front shocks getting a little old in the tooth.

Cheers Dave

not a bad idea...
i'd say it would reduce flex (up travel anyway) when offroading a bit, but depends on how hard the springs are i spose.
also mite be engineering issues with the shock mounts etc?
if they were just a light spring then it would probly be all sweet and a good way to get a better on road feel tho

I think flex is gone usually with good shocks. The only good on highway navara I've driven had custom rate bilstein shocks. I also thought about using a import pathfinder sway bar or are they torrinos or another name I can't remember. Because they are twice the thickness and should help.

Has anyone else noticed their shocks getting dents from the upper control arms?

Similar concept to Monroe's gas lift rear shocks. Can't say I'm keen on the concept, but I'm interested to hear your results. Shocks have no bearing on flex in the front suspension.

the problem i see is the shock will have to be very thin to be able to have a coil over it and not hit the arms.
i doubt the mount points are designed to carry much weight which limits how much use it will be.

In theory shocks shouldn't but i think they do because of the time taken in very stiff shocks to transfer the pressure from one side to another.

If you read into these shocks on South African forums they had some of there Navaras fitted with these from factory. They never talked about breaking mounts only about problems with blowing the shocks out because they ran a smaller torsion bar than ours.

I'm thinking of trying these along with aftermarket upper control arms which I found all over the Internet from cal offroad, snake, superior engineering and even a south African mob. I'm aiming for running 285 75 16 or equivalent.

I want very good on road and capable enough to go up the cape.

And most of all I don't want huge sway, nose diving or that annoying bounce we can get

they are pretty cool. id be interested to see how they go. might replace mine with them in lets say 4 years or more hehe. if you get them keep us posted on ur travels would be interesting to see whether the spring shock is reliable or just another bluff.

goodluck
Rusty

Seems like a band aid to having the wrong spring rates, but I reckon if the price is right then give them ago.

I somewhat agree with the wrong spring rate but no one makes torsion bars biggest than what I have.

Wow Lapsed awesome kit good find.
I wish i had the money to spend a 1/7th of the value of a car on suspension.

If these shocks are rubbish i think i'll have to resort to getting actual spring rate chart from all torsion bar providers and choose the highest. So far personally i've seen Ironman torsion bars which i have aren't supporting enough for my liking.

Latest posts

Back