roof racks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarryd

Reaction score
hey guys does anyone know if its possible to get roof racks like the stx 550 has / american frontiers ? ive looked on nissans website but cant find any , even if so would they be able to be fitted to a d40 st navara....

cheers jarryd

Try Rhino roof racks I have seen a few others with these racks on.
But if your talking about the racks that go the wrong way you may have to buy the V6 diesel ones genuine from Nissan and retro fit them. Good luck with that option.

yeah the v6 ones is what i mean :/ i think the titanium editions came with them as well

Aren't they the same as the ones that came on the Titanium model? That was an STX with bling not an ST however I don't think the roof was that much different so if the same mounting points are there it may work. Don't bother looking on the Nissan website for accessories either ring or go and ask for an accessories hand out, the one I have from my 09 has 3 different sorts of racks shown as available.

unless your using them your cash may be better spent on a roof light bar or some under body protection. ;)

haha yeah im finding out about the underbody protection on monday , btw hows the suspension going ? im wondering i can get away with a 1inch spacer in the front with out having to worry about uca .....

I reckon youd get away with it. But I thought fuggit do it do it proper haha get it up there sick of diffing out on everything. (Its a phrase I know its the rails not the diff)

Ill be getting the aftermarkeet UCAs as I didnt realise the prices were for the pair (yeah I know dont needa remind me im an Idiot) that should give a bit of clearance between the 2.

If its cost your looking at then doing it once is the cheapest option.
By that I mean my intentions are to slide some 33" shoes under there when my pocket says I can afford it. that extra 20-30mm will help heaps and also its an extra 20-30mm of clearance under those rails. and an extra 30-40mm higher rear bar which gives a higher departure angle. Seems to be an issue for those with a tub hahaha.

i might try the spacer for now ... as i still have to fit the thing in a silly small townhouse garage :mad: ! dont get me started !

Will you fit in with spacers and roof racks?? keep your height in mind :S garage doors are sensitive to high impact. dont get me started on that one haha

They are the same as the Frontier in the US or the Adventurer in the UK
You can buy so called OEM units from Thailand or genuine parts from the US.The Spanish and American models have the same roof profile and the only difference was the vehicles fitted with the bars came with 2 mount playes inside the roof between the headliner and outer sheet metal.
Guys in the states have fitted them direct to the roof skin with no worries.

Genuine
730 Roof Panel & Fitting :: Body(Front,Roof & Floor) :: Genuine Nissan Parts :: Frontier Parts (D40) 2005-2011 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

From Thailand
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/365790236/NISSAN_NAVARA_D40_OEM_design_roof.html

Last edited:
The South African Navaras come standard with these bars and they bolt on so you'd be looking at fitting nutserts to your roof for starters.

Jarryd is this the roof rack you are talking about?
turbogu said this;a while back i bought some oem styled roof racks from ebay china and finally had a chance to fit them today, when i got them the tubes were a rouch painted silver finish and i didnt really like it so in gave them a sand back and painted them with some rustoleum gloos black and i think they look heaps better, just gotta drill some holes in them now and put some nutserts in so i can mount my awning off them
Over all the quality of the kit is great, the instructions they email you are not the best, install, well probably a 5 outta 10, not too too hard but a pain in the but cause you gotta drop the whole roof lining out of the car

24072011346.jpg

Latest posts

Back