What would you do next?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score
Hyperthetical question guys:

I am trying to decide what to do next. I have higher suspension, bullbar and snorkel. I can maybe squeeze in one more mod in the near future, then the rest will be gradually done over time. So out of these what would you do next, and then the rest in order.

3" Exhaust
Chip
A set of All Terrains
Long range tank

The tyres I have on it are almost new, I am struggling to justify ditching them for a new set. I do about 400 kms a week driving around town as its my work car, a bit of beach work with the odd easy bush trip thrown in.

Any other suggestions for the list?

I'd be getting the exhaust Matt. It was one of my favourite mods.

I don't have one but a chip would be good to get after the exhaust.

nah i reckon the chip.
you will get better preformance out of the chip.
but you dont get the hear the turbo whistle up much.

Matt,

Exhaust
Chip
Tank
Rubber

Unfortunately you can't do the exhaust and chip at the same time because of $$$$. When you eventually do the chip, you will say to yourself, " i should of done this ages ago"
Both together makes a hell of a difference

cheers,

Lance

High on my list is some solid bash plates, I've heard a lot of problems from people hitting rocks and the like and causing significant damage. Nissan tell them its not warranty because its collision damage (probably fair enough).
Then i'd go the tank etc etc

id go the exhaust for sure, i think thats goin to be one of my next mods. then a set of muddies, the difference they make over a set of H/T is amazing.

Matty

Thanks guys, cash jobs seem to have dried up a bit at the moment, but hopefully I will be kitting it up more very soon.

I have another to add to the list also, a good in car UHF. I might even sneak the UHF in first before the others.

Get a set of Brown Davis underbody guards....put them on mine at Easter and it was the best $635 i have spent in terms of protecting the underside.
Cant afford a suspension lift at the moment, but these plates have saved me needing one just yet. Took it up to Rainbow a few weeks ago and have the front plate took a few big hits over some badly rutted ground....not even a mark on them.
If I had of hit them without the plate the sump would be dented at the very least...and more likely would have caused the seal around the top to open and leak oil like in the 4WD action ute of the year test.
TJM guards dont cover as much as the Brown Davis (not even close) and only cost a little bit less.
Def the next upgrade i would do if your short on cash and keen to take her offroad!

Thanks guys I have got the UHF in now and i got the TJM guards a little while back. The brown Davis guards must be huge because I thought mine were bloody big! What else do they cover?

The front one is about 900mm wide by 950mm long, the rear one is about 900mm wide and 900mm long, but taper off at the back....there is a gap between the two in the middle where only the drive shaft is exposed. The rear guard covers the transfer case and part of the exhaust where it bends across before bending back towards the rear muffler.
Only downside is that the exhaust can sometimes vibrate on the rear plate, but i fixed that with a dob of silastic and its good as.

How big are the TJM ones? I havent seem them but from what i could find on the net and what they told me over the phone, they are not as big as the BD ones. Both the same thickness though so thats good...few others are only 2mm thick.

What UHF did you get?

Ill have a quick measure tommorrow if its not raining.

I got a GME 3220 (I think thats right haha) and 6 and 3db antenna's

I might be awfully close to getting the exhaust done, just got to decide which way to go.

Matt,
Go for better tyres I reckon. tried to go offroad with the standerd tyres not long back and it was useless. All the power in the world wouldn't have got me anywhere because of lack of traction. Now it's number 1 on my priority list.

Latest posts

Back