D21 chassis number

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
Great website!

I'm going insane trying to find the chassis number. Not the one on the compliance plate but the one on the chassis itself. Help! It's a 1988 D21 Nissan Navara. It's the only thing stopping me from getting it registered and i'm itching to take it out and get to know it.
Cheers

Matt

Welcome to the forums Matt.

Someone's bound to come along and answer your question soon.

hi benny,welcome to the forum,i have the genuine nissan service manual for the d21 and in the identification section it states vehicle identification number,in brackets behind it(chassis number),so the vin number must be the chassis number as well. cheer's

It's punched into the top of the passenger side chassis rail, about 800mm from the front of the chassis. Pop the bonnet, and look down the side of the motor at the top of the chassis rail. May need to be cleaned a bit to be legible.

Ok. Thanks. I can't see any sign of it yet. Using some fine wet n dry sandpaper trying to find it. Starting to worry now. The numbers would be punched in pretty deep wouldn't they? There just doesn't seem to be anything there. Down to shiny metal in parts.

Ok. Found traces of a J and an M but the rest is just gone from surface rust I think. Just talked to the police and I have to take it down to them to get a surrogate chassis number. Thanks again fella's for the help.

Ok. Found traces of a J and an M but the rest is just gone from surface rust I think. Just talked to the police and I have to take it down to them to get a surrogate chassis number. Thanks again fella's for the help.
that's good mate,the punching on mine isn't that deep at all so it wouldn't take much surface rust to lose them ,cheer's.

Latest posts

Back