Dobinson Lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silva_nav

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Its time i lifted the navara and have been looking all through the forum for info on anything and everything suspension. Im pretty sure im going to get this 2" Dobinson lift from superior engineering. Just wondering if anyone else has bought this kit and how are they finding it.

http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=8944

Also what would be a reasonable price to get someone to fit this as i would have no idea what to do or where to start...

Cheers
Luke.

I followed a D22 2.5 TD most of the weekend which has Dobinson HD t/bars and leaf springs, greaseable shackles, new bushes and u bolts and Dobinson shocks. The truck travelled VERY well and the suspension worked very well over all types of terrain and the nav rides well.

Drop a PM to Heata and he can tell you what it cost to have it fitted and where he got it from - it wasn't ordered through superior engineering.

I was in that d22. I am happy with the kit, having said that I can really only compare it to the stock kit. So I cant tell you how it compares to the other aftermarket kits. Where are you based?

I was in that d22. I am happy with the kit, having said that I can really only compare it to the stock kit. So I cant tell you how it compares to the other aftermarket kits. Where are you based?

Im in perth WA, from the sounds of it its the way to go.

Is the Dobinson kit worth the extra over the EFS lift kits? I will be looking for lift very soon and not sure which route to go.

Last edited:
Correct me if im wrong but the dobinson package on Big-O 4x4 & the package on superior engineering are exactly the same? If so how the hell can superior justify charging $500 more for the same package?!

Thanks for all the help guys & Al thanks for the link i will def be buying from big-o.

Just bought the Dobinson suspension lift kit through Big-O 4x4.
Should be expecting it in 3-5 days so will hopefully be on before the end of the week.
Will keep you posted on how she goes.

Thanks again everyone

Would love to go for a wheel with you when it's done! I've got a stock kit out but have been tossing and turning about the lift!

hey guys been following this post, i wonna just go crazy with my suspention and money is no problem i have about 3,000 to spend, i just want a suspention setup that will give me more than 2inch and still give me a smooth ride. people say that 3 inch becomes uncomfortable??? can any1 help ?

Hey mate, I dunno wat your wanting exactly but I spoke to an engineer tonight in Perth about suspension, I don't want to do anythig to my car that'll make it obviously illegal for insurance reasons,
This bloke said for 1000$ he could get me certification to legally have a 2 inch body lift, 2 inch suspension and an inch tyres,
So for say 400$ body lift kit, 1000 for a suspension lift kit, 1000$ for his paper work and lane change test etc you could have a 5 inch lift and be able to make insurance claims and not worry bout stickers.
According to him, and I guess aslong as you can do it yourself, there may be some other hidden costs I guess like maybe brake lines etc...
Food for thought tho, im gonna try save my money up haha

And in answer about comfort, I don't think it would cus the torsion bars are ment to be constant rate so should make it stiffer, mine is at 2 inches now by winding bars up and an assistant leaf on bak and it's no worse than before, a little firmer but in no way uncomfortable.
One thig I wish I had was the snake racing or calmini upper control arms, they enable 3 inch but I would prob keep it at 2 and you will maintain your downtravel, were as with standard control arms at 2 inch they are getting to the point were you are eating too much of your down travel up

Back